PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-07-2008, 08:26 PM
Lurker

SFLKid19 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Blackberry email for WM6

I'm sure this answer has to be somewhere, but I haven't had any luck finding it. My work server only allows blackberrys to connect to the server, is there any programs or anything so I can get my email etc from the work servers like I can for a normal exchange server? I have a verizon phone with WM6.

Last edited by SFLKid19; 10-08-2008 at 12:28 AM.
Old 10-07-2008, 08:49 PM
Kind of a BIG Deal
Pocket PC: HTC EVO
Carrier: SPRINT

athlet1c knows their stuffathlet1c knows their stuffathlet1c knows their stuffathlet1c knows their stuffathlet1c knows their stuffathlet1c knows their stuffathlet1c knows their stuffathlet1c knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to athlet1c Send a message via Yahoo to athlet1c Send a message via Skype™ to athlet1c
Re: Blackberry email for WM6

I wondered the same SFLKID. Ill keep my eyes out for that as well. It is possible there is a forum located here
Thank a Fellow Geeker If you have been helped by hitting the button below
Old 10-08-2008, 10:19 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: ppc 6900
Carrier: Cellular South

ocs111 is a n00b

Try seven. I have used that email program to access email through for our company. The IT department usually doesn't want to work with you very well. The program is easy to setup, are you able to access your email via outlook web access?
Old 10-08-2008, 11:11 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Galaxy Note II
Carrier: Verizon

Geekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via MSN to Geekcop

Might this be what you're looking for?? http://na.blackberry.com/eng/devices...ab_tab_windows

Old 10-08-2008, 11:38 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Fuze
Carrier: AT&T

Hafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geekcop View Post
Might this be what you're looking for?? http://na.blackberry.com/eng/devices...ab_tab_windows
I've seen this before, but the only information it gives you on getting the software is to contact your provider. Does anyone know which providers have this available? I've asked Sprint, but they don't have a clue as to what I'm talking about (big surprise). I would love to have BES on my Mogul.

Having problems finding what you're looking for? Here are some tips on how to search the site more effectively.
Old 10-08-2008, 11:53 AM
VIP Member

Hafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

OK...I found something I want to try, but I cannot because I'm at work right now. Anyone up for testing this out? If not, I'll try it tonight and post my findings.

http://thinkabdul.com/2007/05/30/dow...et-pc-devices/

Old 10-08-2008, 02:12 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: HTC Desire
Carrier: Telus Mobility

MightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation level

I had an HTC Diamond, and i've tried the blackberry connect software (i'm with telus btw) and what happens is, it installs fine, but then my pin number is "pending" and it won't register me on the network, so nothing happens.

now apparently there's a ton of different versions out, and you sort of have to play around with the different versions to find a working one, from what i've read.

I've given up wiht the bbconnect. it also makes your phone laggy as hell.

But hey, whomever gives it a go, and is with telus and has a success story, please let me know immediately i'll be checking this thread closely!
Old 10-08-2008, 04:04 PM
VIP Member

Mike, is this the same thing you tried on your diamond? Scroll down to number 34 on the page:

http://www.mobilitytoday.com/forum/s...ad.php?t=17264
Old 10-08-2008, 06:04 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: HTC Desire
Carrier: Telus Mobility

MightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tripdub1 View Post
Mike, is this the same thing you tried on your diamond? Scroll down to number 34 on the page:

http://www.mobilitytoday.com/forum/s...ad.php?t=17264
im weary to try it out lol.

over at xda-developers, there was a post of blackberry connect working for the diamond, and i tried it but it didn't work.

I don't think it has anything to do with working for the actual phone, it's getting the network (telus in my case) to approve the pin and put me on the network. It wasn't doing that at all, so i'm not too sure
Old 10-09-2008, 10:16 AM
VIP Member

Well...bad news and good news. Bad news is that I'm going to have to wait until next week to try this because my Mogul crapped out on me. Good news is that I'm getting a Diamond shipped to me, and they told me I can go ahead and 30-day swap it for a Touch Pro if I want when they're released. I covered my bases and had the rep send me an email promising I can do the swap for a Touch Pro. So, if (and probably when) they resist my request to change to a Pro, I'll at least have some documentation for leverage.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software