PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-18-2009, 07:31 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

GoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
[App] Advanced Network Caller ID v.5 (updated StandAlone GUI)

version .5 is out now- see the changelog at the bottom for more details.

This is a neat little app that lets you find out more about the person that just called you or sent you an sms. Read more about it on the developer's xda thread here. It waits until after the phone call is done (or ignored) then connects to the internet to find out more information about the call. Although it is in early alpha, it still works pretty well. Now works with all WM resolutions.

Soft Reset after install.
WM 5 or 6/6.1
.NET 3.5 is required

The following was taken from the devloper's xda thread:
Quote:
it's basically an enhanced Caller ID. On incoming SMS or phone calls a window pops up that displays,

- The full name of caller
- Address of caller with a map link
- The number of FTC and caller complaints (to tell if it’s a spam call)
- Telco name and location (can tell what carrier the call is from)
- Relatives of caller (with age!)
- Criminal History

I've also added the ability to add the caller to the contacts book, return the call, and look at past calls. A standalone GUI to run alone and lookup past calls can also be used.

I've only tested and ran this on the HTC Touch Pro and it works well, even for unknown cellular calls. It's kind of crazy the information you can get.

Looking for suggestions, changes, additions - definitely let me know and I will happily (and quickly) add them. You can reach me at kwatkins@gmail.com

Release Notes --

- NetCallerID waits until the call is answered or finished before doing the network calls. For the most part, the network connection is unavailable until the phone call is ended.
- If roaming is enabled NetCallerID waits until your out of roaming.
- All history of calls are in the program files\netcallerid\calllogs directory in html format. You can view these with Opera or Pocket IE.
- The setup automatically starts the program. I also put it in \Windows\Startup to start when you re-start the phone.

This is very alpha. Pre alpha even. I'm not liable for anything, run at your own risk, etc etc etc
Changes for v .5

- extended API.
- updated GUI
- better support for all wm platforms
- numerous bug fixes

Changes for v .4

- UI changes to work on all WM phones and resolutions (including QVGA 320x320)

Changes for v .3

- Added logic to the add to contacts where if name is in address book prompt/don't add.
- A full standalone app has been added where you can lookup past calls.
- Added the program to the programs list.
- Numerous bug fixes
- SMS is now turned off by default. Some people were getting Very.Bad results where SMS messages were being swallowed. I *think* it should be fixed but unsure, it's something in the SMS .net interception library. If you really want SMS turn it on under config, do a soft reset, and if you see your not getting SMS messages immed. uninstall and let me know!
- added whitepages.com lookups

Direct Download Here

PPCGeeks New User Guide

Last edited by GoodGets; 07-09-2009 at 01:48 PM.
This post has been thanked 20 times.
Old 03-18-2009, 09:17 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint

iagodfather is a n00b
Re: [3/18] [App] Advanced Network Caller ID

I don't know if anyone else checked this out, but it didn't seem to install right for me. When installing i received the unexpected error has occurred. "File or assembly name 'OpenNETCF, Version=2.3.0.20, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=E60DBEA84BB431B7', or one of its dependencies, was not found" Also when installing it i lost being able to click on tf3d's text message to pull up the single message. If anyone else wants to uninstall, if you can't stop the process, delete the shortcut in the startup menu in the windows folder, restart then uninstall with the remove program.

Program sounds interesting though if any one gets it to work.
Old 03-18-2009, 09:50 PM
boostedbanana is VIP!!
Pocket PC: Supercharged EVO with 3000mah of boost!!

stanglifemike is a VIPstanglifemike is a VIPstanglifemike is a VIPstanglifemike is a VIPstanglifemike is a VIPstanglifemike is a VIPstanglifemike is a VIPstanglifemike is a VIPstanglifemike is a VIPstanglifemike is a VIPstanglifemike is a VIP

Thats kinda scary...I dont want everyone I call having my address....

Modding phones and modding Mustangs..
My white Evo with a black battery door is SEXY!!
Old 03-18-2009, 10:02 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: DROID
Carrier: verizon

rb240z is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by iagodfather View Post
I don't know if anyone else checked this out, but it didn't seem to install right for me. When installing i received the unexpected error has occurred. "File or assembly name 'OpenNETCF, Version=2.3.0.20, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=E60DBEA84BB431B7', or one of its dependencies, was not found" Also when installing it i lost being able to click on tf3d's text message to pull up the single message. If anyone else wants to uninstall, if you can't stop the process, delete the shortcut in the startup menu in the windows folder, restart then uninstall with the remove program.

Are you running .net3.5?
Old 03-18-2009, 10:13 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EPIC

Unknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIP

well I can tell you the data base is only as good as what is inputted into it.....I tried it out and was off on the "Carrier"...my GF is on Sprint and it said Verizon.

I can see it helpfull if the call is coming from a landline...but from a cell the info is pretty much useless.
Don't just say "Thanks"....give

Last edited by Unknown Zone; 03-18-2009 at 10:16 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-18-2009, 10:31 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

GoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by iagodfather View Post

This:

Quote:
Originally Posted by rb240z View Post
Are you running .net3.5?
Reading through the xda thread, .NET 3.5 is a must
I accidentally left it out of the op, my apologies.
I'll go back and add it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unknown Zone View Post
but from a cell the info is pretty much useless.
I don't know about that. Albeit some cell data may be off, like if someone recently switched numbers or something. But it is a neat little app, and I can see this becoming quite useful.

Last edited by GoodGets; 03-18-2009 at 10:33 PM.
Old 03-18-2009, 10:36 PM
Hercules Valvalotus
Pocket PC: Nokia N900 as my tablet Tmo G2 for my phone
Carrier: T-mobile & Google Voice

TheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to TheRealHotshot Send a message via MSN to TheRealHotshot Send a message via Yahoo to TheRealHotshot Send a message via Skype™ to TheRealHotshot

Wow! This sounds nice!!! Haha guess let me try it out!

*formerly known as Not_A_Stain*

GOOGLE WAVE USER
Old 03-18-2009, 10:41 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: DROID
Carrier: verizon

rb240z is becoming a great contributor

I wish there was a way to configure it to phone calls only or something like that. Text message conversations connect after each incoming text. I added them to contacts list but that froze my screen and had to soft reset. Maybe it is still a bit to alpha.
Old 03-18-2009, 10:45 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by rb240z View Post
I wish there was a way to configure it to phone calls only or something like that. Text message conversations connect after each incoming text. I added them to contacts list but that froze my screen and had to soft reset. Maybe it is still a bit to alpha.
In the NetCaller ID Configuration, you can just uncheck "Incoming SMS Enabled"

But yes this may be a little bit buggy as it is still in alpha, although I've found it to work quite well.
Old 03-18-2009, 10:47 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: TouchPro

RugRat is becoming a great contributor

Would have to agree with UZ....with Landlines this app works great if the call is not Private and so on.

But with Cell info, all you will get is Number and Carrier well that is what I got which is no help if you need info on the caller, now my Carrier info from my friends were right.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software