PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-25-2008, 09:45 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTV EVO
Carrier: VZW

caleb02 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcaleb02 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcaleb02 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to caleb02 Send a message via MSN to caleb02 Send a message via Yahoo to caleb02
Re: Kinoma media player

there is a free version call get this.... kinima free player

http://www.kinoma.com/freeplay/download/

or

http://www.kinoma.com/play/ then click on the free player download on the right hand side toward the bottom.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 08-26-2008, 08:55 AM
VW
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

VW is becoming a PPCGeeks regularVW is becoming a PPCGeeks regularVW is becoming a PPCGeeks regularVW is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

$30.00 is too high. Maybe if they added XM support. Also I dont like the way the whole screen is flipped during a song change. Eh I guess Pocketplayer, Coreplayer, and S2P will do me.
Old 08-26-2008, 10:30 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Droid Incredible
Carrier: Verizon

jpc0480 is becoming a great contributor

ok played around with the free version and am slightly impressed. a little pissed that this f'ing program took away some of my program defaults... kind of feel raped in that department. it should have at least asked... otherwise the free one is only good for youtube and a couple of other vids/audio. if you want full access bend over and grab your ankles... $30 way to steep.
Old 08-26-2008, 10:37 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

stifiling is becoming a PPCGeeks regularstifiling is becoming a PPCGeeks regularstifiling is becoming a PPCGeeks regularstifiling is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via Yahoo to stifiling

i haven't tried it yet. what exactly can it do that would be beneficial that tcpmp or other progs can't?

i see uploading videos to youtube, but that's something i won't be doing...
Old 08-26-2008, 01:47 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTV EVO
Carrier: VZW

caleb02 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcaleb02 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcaleb02 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to caleb02 Send a message via MSN to caleb02 Send a message via Yahoo to caleb02

Quote:
Originally Posted by stifiling View Post
i haven't tried it yet. what exactly can it do that would be beneficial that tcpmp or other progs can't?

i see uploading videos to youtube, but that's something i won't be doing...

this program will do your you tube watching for you, upload your flicker pics of me picking my nose, other stuff like swipe $30 from why debit card
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-26-2008, 03:06 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 & HTC Hero
Carrier: SPRINT & ORANGE

harlem135th is keeping up the good workharlem135th is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to harlem135th
Talking Re: Kinoma media player

Quote:
Originally Posted by gxnext View Post
I just got it for free with the trial pay, i subscribed with real and as soon as they gave me the activation info i canceled my subscription so I won't be charged after the 14 day trial.... am i wrong for that? lol

did the same thing lol just make sure its instant
Old 08-27-2008, 12:55 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: vogue
Carrier: bell

frentraken is becoming a great contributor

I can't get the real player subscription I am sad :-p
Old 08-27-2008, 01:34 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: n/a
Carrier: n/a

Charles@Kinoma is keeping up the good workCharles@Kinoma is keeping up the good workCharles@Kinoma is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by VW View Post
$30.00 is too high.
A lot of customers seem to think it's a pretty good bargain. The fact that it does what typical mobile players can do is kind of the least of it.

For anybody not already subscribed to our blog, here are some videos that give you a taste of what you can do with Kinoma Play:Also, I posted 101 Kinoma Play features and tips today.

As someone pointed out, you can get it for free by checking out with TrialPay. Or, just download Kinoma FreePlay.

-- Charles Wiltgen

Last edited by Charles@Kinoma; 08-27-2008 at 01:38 AM. Reason: fix spelling
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-27-2008, 08:41 AM
Give him the KICK!!!
Pocket PC: HTC EVO w/TP as a Back Up
Carrier: sprint

dschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles@Kinoma View Post
A lot of customers seem to think it's a pretty good bargain. The fact that it does what typical mobile players can do is kind of the least of it.
Welcome to ppcgeeks. After reading your 101 list of features, i gotta admit, your player really does have a whole lot of capabilities. Personally speaking though, i wish the trial was a full featured trail for 3 days or so, instead of a somewhat stripped down unlimited length trial. I'd be more willing to pay after checking out all the features instead of only just some. Just my thoughts, and thanks again for your informative post. dschoenike

Old 08-27-2008, 09:11 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2
Carrier: Verizon

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

After looking at everything this player claims to do, I decided to go ahead & buy it.

I have a Verizon XV 6800 with both a 4 gig & an 8 gig SDHC card. The contents of the two cards is identical at this time as I recently copied the entire contents from one to the other. The card contains around 200 mp3 songs & the entire first two seasons of the show "Friday Night Lights" ripped from DVD. The card also has all my icons for Ultimate Launch/Weather Panel etc. The card also has all the maps/data etc. for Copilot Live 7(awesome program by the way using a Haicom BT GPS).

My phone is a rock solid system that never freezes or produces errors of any kind.

When I start up Kinoma, it attempts to scan every single file in both the internal mem & the card. I have never had it complete successfully once. It first told me it was out of memory although there should have been plenty available. I soft reset & then ran Oxio immediately & tried again.

With the 4 gig card installed, it freezes up during the scan every single time requiring a soft reset. It freezes on a different file every time. With the 8 gig card installed, the program simply exits half way through the scan with no error at all.

At this point, it looks like I wasted $30. The money is no big deal to me, but it irritates me to have paid what I think is a rather high price to begin with for a program that is so buggy it is totally useless to me.........

The Kinoma forum has posts from other users with exactly the same problems I am having.........

~John
This post has been thanked 2 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software