PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-29-2007, 09:10 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Alltel

gregpilot is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
This update requires additional payment?

Last year I purchased a license for version 3. Today I installed v.4, it is in demo mode. I looked on their website, it stated this upgrade will cost more. This really rubs me the wrong way, as when I originally bought it they stated all updates would be free.

A mention of a "special price" appears on the FAQ page but the links to Handango, Pocketgear, etc only list the full price of the version 4.

What was your experience??

Thanks!!
Old 12-30-2007, 12:52 PM
The Enforcer
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G, ViewSonic gTablet, BB Bold 9650
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

Pibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIP
Quote:
Originally Posted by gregpilot View Post
Last year I purchased a license for version 3. Today I installed v.4, it is in demo mode. I looked on their website, it stated this upgrade will cost more. This really rubs me the wrong way, as when I originally bought it they stated all updates would be free.

A mention of a "special price" appears on the FAQ page but the links to Handango, Pocketgear, etc only list the full price of the version 4.

What was your experience??

Thanks!!
Where did you purchase it from? I purchased it from Handango and there's a link for upgrades, click on it and enter the e-mail you used to purchase it. It will then tell you it has been identified as having purchased a previous version and give you access to the upgrade price.

Most programs offer free upgrades within the same major upgrades, for example, from 3.1 to 3.9 - however, major upgrades like from 3.x to 4.x require an upgrade price. This is the case with most apps.

---
Don't forget to Search first!
Old 12-30-2007, 02:23 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Alltel

gregpilot is a n00b
Pockgear is missing the link

I got it from Pocketgear. No upgrade link available. I did look on Handango today, there was indeed an upgrade link. Since I did not purchase it from them, I did not think the upgrade link would work, but I tried it and it did.

I found a coupon "yearendsale" which when used on Handango, gives a 20% discount. I do realize a lot of software does not upgrade major revisions for free (some do, though!) and I do remember that when I first got SK tools.

No big deal, its a good set of tools and was worth the upgrade.
Old 12-30-2007, 03:40 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Motorola Photon & Bravo
Carrier: Sprint & AT&T PAYG

budney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Yahoo to budney
Well I had to send off an email to Handango because it couldn't find my purchase of SKTool from their site. Hopefully they will get back to me soon, I want to use that coupon for the 20% off.

http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n...1249020923.gif http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n...1249020658.gif
Old 12-30-2007, 05:02 PM
The Enforcer
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G, ViewSonic gTablet, BB Bold 9650
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

Pibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIP
Go to the SK Tools' devs' site and contact them, that's how I found out about the Handango upgrade link, they are very helpful and will answer very promptly.
Old 12-30-2007, 06:30 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Motorola Photon & Bravo
Carrier: Sprint & AT&T PAYG

budney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Yahoo to budney
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pibe38 View Post
Go to the SK Tools' devs' site and contact them, that's how I found out about the Handango upgrade link, they are very helpful and will answer very promptly.
I found the upgrade link on the Handango site, thats the link I am having trouble with. I just sent an email from the SKTools site. Lets see who chimes in first.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software