PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-29-2010, 04:54 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Palm Treo Pro
Carrier: Starhub

firetiger is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: All S2U2 customizations

Quote:
Originally Posted by popdog54 View Post
AFAIK the length/position of the slider is set for 202 px (QVGA), and can't be changed. You can change the sliden.png to whatever size you want, but it won't affect the position of the actual slider.

The xml file should be included in the zip file. This file is for settings description only. To make changes to S2U2 to need to run the Settings program, edit the lang.ini file, or make changes to the registry.
But I checked the registry and the lang ini file. But I can't find any xml file... I was thinking that since there are 2 versions of S2U2 there must be a way to resize the app... Unless A_C made a totally new version...
Old 08-29-2010, 08:08 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Epic
Carrier: Sprint

nursemm05 knows their stuffnursemm05 knows their stuffnursemm05 knows their stuffnursemm05 knows their stuffnursemm05 knows their stuffnursemm05 knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by firetiger View Post
But I checked the registry and the lang ini file. But I can't find any xml file... I was thinking that since there are 2 versions of S2U2 there must be a way to resize the app... Unless A_C made a totally new version...
unless you deleted it, it's there. it's an excel file downloaded in the same folder as the S2U2 other items. There's no need to modify it as it only tells you what each setting does.
Old 08-30-2010, 03:29 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Palm Treo Pro
Carrier: Starhub

firetiger is a n00b

Oh I can see the excel file but I thought there would be an xml file...
Old 10-04-2010, 06:25 PM
Eat Static
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

popdog54 is a VIPpopdog54 is a VIPpopdog54 is a VIPpopdog54 is a VIPpopdog54 is a VIPpopdog54 is a VIPpopdog54 is a VIPpopdog54 is a VIPpopdog54 is a VIPpopdog54 is a VIPpopdog54 is a VIP
S2U2 Halloween Themes...

Here are two S2U2 WVGA Halloween themes. Both include landscape, battery and password screens. Halloween II also includes Lock and Unlock sounds.

For best appearance choose Time Format "option 3", then edit the TimeFormat in the registry as follows: h':'mmt - Anything else and the clock may appear off center. Zip includes gfx files and S2U2 theme file.

(10 large images, so page load time may be slow)

Halloween

Halloween II

Attached Files
File Type: zip HalloweenS2U2Theme.zip (1.78 MB, 40 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: zip HalloweenIIS2U2Theme.zip (4.32 MB, 40 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by popdog54; 10-04-2010 at 06:32 PM.
Old 10-14-2010, 05:48 AM
MusikMonk

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

I've tried searching through this thread, the one on xda-dev and on google for some kind of index to figure out which graphic file appears where and/or when.
I can obviously do this using trial and error, but it kind of feels like reinventing the wheel. Seeing how many sites and threads exist for S2U2 themes, I'm surprised that I couldn't find such a thing easily.
So, have I missed it? Or haven't anyone thought about doing that?

The reason I'm looking for such a thing is that I wanted to have a theme that fits well with the .sencity theme and so far I only managed to do clocks and sliders because I'm new to this (not being a graphic designer I'm only reusing what I extracted from cabs and manilla files). Already asked the designer/creator for permission and he doesn't mind anyone reusing his graphics as long as credit is given).

Last edited by MusikMonk; 10-14-2010 at 05:54 AM.
Old 10-15-2010, 06:16 PM
Eat Static

popdog54 is a VIPpopdog54 is a VIPpopdog54 is a VIPpopdog54 is a VIPpopdog54 is a VIPpopdog54 is a VIPpopdog54 is a VIPpopdog54 is a VIPpopdog54 is a VIPpopdog54 is a VIPpopdog54 is a VIP

If you view the gfx folder on your PC and also read the S2U2 Settings Description.xls file at the same time you can get a better idea of what the more important graphic files are used for.

When I make my themes I only use the graphics for the lock and phone screens. I don't bother with the settings and S2P graphics. I usualy don't bother with the buttons.png as I always have the Slide to End feature turned On. I also don't bother with the curtain graphics, ie topbar.png, since I usually leave all the curtains off.

I guess if you want a full theme then you can just redo every graphic file to your liking.

I have to admit though that there are a few files that I don't know when they are used, ie arrowR.png. I suppose you can email A_C and ask him what each file is used for.
Old 10-16-2010, 03:47 PM
Chillin' with my Geeks!
Pocket PC: Epic 4G & Iphone is my toy :)
Carrier: Sprint/PPCGeeks

GirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

I <3 those Halloween themes Just sayin

If you wanna make the world a better place take a look at yourself and then make a change ~Michael Jackson
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-17-2010, 09:24 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: wm6.1
Carrier: hutch

htctouch3g1 is a n00b

thanx
Old 10-18-2010, 08:40 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint... if I could afford it

Tandyman100 is just getting started

Does anyone know of a Sensui-like slider and slider background *only*? I'm using the latest version of S2U2, and found a Hero theme, but the slider was part of the background and I'd like to be able to use my own background.

Also: in the latest version, what are the images relating to the slider and slider background and "SLIDE TO UNLOCK" text? I'd like to change the text to something else
Old 10-18-2010, 08:06 PM
Eat Static

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tandyman100 View Post
Does anyone know of a Sensui-like slider and slider background *only*? I'm using the latest version of S2U2, and found a Hero theme, but the slider was part of the background and I'd like to be able to use my own background.

Also: in the latest version, what are the images relating to the slider and slider background and "SLIDE TO UNLOCK" text? I'd like to change the text to something else
I'm not sure what you mean by the slider being part of the background. Do you mean the slider background? The slider (arrows.png), floats on a background (sliden.png). For some of my themes I make the sliden.png blank and make a wallpaper with the slider background "built" into it (see my Elsdee theme). If that's what you're referring to then you just need to make your own sliden.png file. Since you are using a QVGA device the sliden.png has to be 202x64 or else your slider position will be off-centered.

The instructions for editing the Slide to Unlock text are in the FAQ:

Q. How to change the slider text (e.g. slide to unlock)?
A. Open the lang.ini (under the S2U2 installed folder), edit these tags to whatever you want:
S2UText, S2AText, S2VText, s_S2DDismiss, s_S2DCancel, s_S2DView & s_CS2UText
The lang.ini must be saved in UNICODE format. Restart iLock2 to load the changes.

It's easiest to copy the lang.ini file to your PC, change it with a text editor, then copy it back to your phone.
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software