PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-02-2008, 11:24 AM
SuperNoob
Pocket PC: iPhone 5s
Carrier: TMobile

rstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Pocket Tunes Deluxe for WindowsMobile Released!

NormSoft has Released Pocket-Tunes for wm5/6/6.1! I have been testing this software for a couple of month's now and I simply love this small alternative music player. It streams radio, plays aac, aac+ files, and syncs directly with iTunes software on your desktop/laptop.
Here is a link to their website: http://www.pocket-tunes.com/

Desktop Installer Link: http://www.pocket-tunes.com/?page=download (w/iTunes Sync program & cab installer)
OEM Link : OEM_pocket_Tunes_v4.1.rar
Cab Link: pTunes.cab

And here is more info on the player:

Pocket Tunes is the easiest-to-use feature-rich music player for Palm and Windows Mobile smartphones and PDAs. Try it today to find out why hundreds of thousands of customers love it!
  • NOW AVAILABLE FOR WINDOWS MOBILE! Jam to your tunes on most Windows Mobile smartphones and PDAs.
  • See Requirements for a list of compatible devices.
  • Internet Radio Catalog NEW in 4.0
    Choose from the hundreds of Internet radio stations pre-populated in the new catalog. Select from dozens of categories including Pop/Rock, Talk, Hip-Hop/Rap, Jazz, Classical, and many more. Also included are high-fidelity aacPlus stations that sound wonderful on any wireless network. Add your own stations by browsing the web using your phone's built-in web browser. You can even share your favorite stations with your friends using Bluetooth, infrared, or email. (Palm OS only) The radio catalog is updated often, so select the Get Updates menu item regularly to download the latest and greatest
  • stations to your phone.
  • Brand New User Interface NEW in 4.0
    Enjoy the sleek new user interface. You'll find easy access to all of your favorite features. Easily navigate the interface using one hand using the 5-way control on your smartphone. Enjoy quick access to selecting songs on your device or browsing the Internet Radio catalog. View full information about the current song you are listening to, including album, artist, title and even album art. You will find it a pleasure to use!
    Album Art NEW in 4.0
    When your music includes album art images, Pocket Tunes will now display them beside the song's title. Tap on the album art to enlarge it to take up the whole screen, or tap on the song title to see the album art along with information about that song. For maximum compatibility with your album art, Pocket Tunes displays JPEG album art that's embedded in the song file or included as a separate file in the same folder.
  • Playback of AAC and aacPlus Files NEW in 4.0
    Pocket Tunes now natively supports AAC and aacPlus formatted files and streaming audio. AAC and aacPlus enable smaller files and better quality, allowing you to fit more music on your device. If you've copied your music collection from your CDs using iTunes or WinAmp, you will appreciate the ability to play those files on your phone without converting them like other music players require.
    Even Better Audio Quality NEW in 4.0
    You probably thought the audio quality was great with Pocket Tunes 3. Now it's even better! With drastic improvements to the volume boost feature, you can now enjoy louder, virtually distortion-free playback in the loudest environments. And with the new support for aacPlus, enjoy crystal-clear CD-quality radio on your existing cell phone data connection. Or use software like WinAmp to rip your CDs to aacPlus for maximum fidelity.

• Improved Internet Radio Playback NEW in 4.0
    Pocket Tunes was already the best way to listen to Internet Radio on your smartphone. In 4.0, enjoy many additional enhancements. Pocket Tunes now collapses "cluster" stations into one entry on the screen. If one of the servers for that station isn't working, simply expand the list and select another one. In addition, 4.0 improves compatibility with software that makes your home music collection available on your phone. We've also added numerous other under-the-cover improvements such as improved detection of the streaming format, better synchronization when displaying the current song name from a radio station, improved buffering and skip prevention, and lots more.

Last edited by rstoyguy; 06-02-2008 at 01:08 PM.
This post has been thanked 8 times.
Old 06-02-2008, 11:48 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: ipaq 214
Carrier: vip

ljepava is becoming a PPCGeeks regularljepava is becoming a PPCGeeks regularljepava is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: Pocket Tunes for WindowsMobile Released!

nice app.
i was using it on my palm tungsten.
now ill try it on my hp ipaq 214.
Old 06-02-2008, 10:31 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch
Carrier: "PPCGeeks....I just use Sprint for calls"

chicubs3794 is keeping up the good workchicubs3794 is keeping up the good work
Re: Pocket Tunes Deluxe for WindowsMobile Released!

hey man i forgot to ask you in the pm.....
free app right?
noy 15 day trial or anything?
Old 06-02-2008, 10:41 PM
SuperNoob
Threadstarter

rstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicubs3794 View Post
hey man i forgot to ask you in the pm.....
free app right?
noy 15 day trial or anything?
umm...14 day trial....$37.95 for this feature rich player! Nicest I've seen, and it will play my sprint music store downloads, Protected wma files.

Last edited by rstoyguy; 06-02-2008 at 10:46 PM.
Old 06-03-2008, 10:39 AM
VW
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

VW is becoming a PPCGeeks regularVW is becoming a PPCGeeks regularVW is becoming a PPCGeeks regularVW is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

What a rip. $37.95 for a player that isnt as feature rich as $19.99 pocketplayer. I bet they dont sell many of these. Players arent as limited as in the Palm world
Old 06-03-2008, 12:14 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Treo Pro
Carrier: AT&T

scottymomo is becoming a great contributor

No streaming wma (mms protocol) it doesn't appear...
Old 06-03-2008, 05:02 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch
Carrier: "PPCGeeks....I just use Sprint for calls"

chicubs3794 is keeping up the good workchicubs3794 is keeping up the good work

holy bajeeezus!!!!
my combonation of the internet, TCPMP, and Audio Manager is just AS good, and FREE!
may not look as slick, but ****!!!! 38 bucks?
Old 06-03-2008, 05:12 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

sparhawk6 is keeping up the good worksparhawk6 is keeping up the good worksparhawk6 is keeping up the good work

Well it is pretty neat that you can sync with your iTunes playlists. Can any free program do that?
Old 06-03-2008, 05:37 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Mogul

jbbosu is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to jbbosu Send a message via MSN to jbbosu

I'm having problems installing the itunes sync/cab with vista...
Old 06-03-2008, 05:44 PM
SuperNoob
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbbosu View Post
I'm having problems installing the itunes sync/cab with vista...
You mean the msi installer file? Early in the beta I had problems with it and the itunes sync, I had to reload my laptop hdd. I thought that was fixed though... After that I just played with the actual player. I'm not much of a music guy, but I do like listening to the comedy radio stations!

Here is a link to general support: http://www.pocket-tunes.com/userguide/en-win/

And here is a link to their specific "enhanced undocumented features" help page: http://www.pocket-tunes.com/scripts/support.php

They are really good about stamping out issues.

Last edited by rstoyguy; 06-03-2008 at 05:49 PM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software