PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-17-2008, 10:01 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: not
Carrier: sPriNt

codyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to codyppc
Personalizer ... Now hosted here at PPCGEEKS ... Change you carrier name app... FREE

With over a 1000 downloads of the previous versions that was hosted on another site. i have decided to host it here at PPCGEEKS instead. With only 22 replies/questions on the other site and hundreds over there, I thought the switch was needed. The reason I put it there in the first place is because it was a mortscript type app and that was were it all started.

Anyhow....

...Personalizer... For all those who are customizing their devices... I made this for you. It will change the operators name everywhere on your device. It will surive a softreset. It has an icon called "Personalizer" in the programs menu so you can change it when ever you want. There is now an option to stop the change if you want as well.

No more SprintPCS anywhere on your screen. No more verizon wireless either. customize it the way you want.

This will work with the HTC plugin, spb phonesuite, wisbar, pointUI, slide2unlock... just about everything. If you want your Operators name back... just uninstall it from the add/remove programs. should work on most htc devices, and treos.

enjoy, cody

PS: if you like this... please reply so i know if things like this was worth my time writing. thanks.

Update... Ok, below is the 3.1 cab version. 3.0 was missing one very inportant thing that prevented it from working. The OEM version 3.0 is the same version. It didn't need a fix.

CAB INSTALL... Since the 3.0 version was so messed up, I am asking you to remove (uninstall) the older versions VIA settings/add-remove programs. Normally one version will over-write the other, but since I changed the name of the app (by mistake) you could actually have two version loaded at the same time. Unistall all old apps before installing.
This Cab version can now be installed in main memory or the SD card. I dont know if it can be installed into extended ROM yet.

OEM_Packet... This version is for the cooks. If you are cooking your own ROMs and want this programs install in the ROM, this is what you want. Please note that you MUST also install the MORTSCRIPT OEM_Package as well.

If anyone wants to donate, click here for paypal.
PDA's I've owned/used in order... (retentions loves me)... nextel i930, BB 7100i, PPC-6700 (apache), treo 700p, PPC-6700, treo 700wx, PPC-6800 (mogul), PPC-6900 (touch), treo 755p, PPC-6900 (touch), BB 8130 (Pearl),PPC-6800 (mogul), BB 8330 (Curve) Diamond, treo 800w, Touch Pro, BB 8330 (Curve)
This post has been thanked 238 times.
Old 03-17-2008, 10:01 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

codyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIP
Re: Personalizer ... Now hosted here at PPCGEEKS ... Change you carrier name app... F

Change Log.... coming soon

for now... i want to explain version 3.0. bug

i was making a OEM_Packet version for a friend and when i finished it i relized i made some good improvments to app. i figured it was worth a cab version updated as well. since i have no beta testers i did my own testing. little did i know... i was using files that were left over from the OEM version while using the cab version. everything was working good for me because i had files where they needed to be. later i relized that with just using the plain jane cab version files were missing.

this is why people didn't get it to show icon in the program list, auto start after soft reset, ect.

bottom line.... everyone that uses the app should uninstall the old version and install 3.1

Thanks, cody

Last edited by codyppc; 03-17-2008 at 10:08 AM.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 03-17-2008, 02:13 PM
Yo, VIP - Let's Kick It!!
Pocket PC: EVO - Rooted & OMJ's Rom
Carrier: Sprint

FastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the community
Re: Personalizer ... Now hosted here at PPCGEEKS ... Change you carrier name app... F

Work's great on my Touch.
Thanks
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-17-2008, 03:07 PM
caddieguy02

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

hey cody works on the mogul...here is a screen shot

mods can u please fix my account settings so i can post screen shots like cody's above...thanks
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screen05.jpg (9.5 KB, 2524 views) Click for barcode!
Old 03-17-2008, 03:37 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

Siflan is keeping up the good workSiflan is keeping up the good work

This works great. Thanks again.
Old 03-17-2008, 09:03 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastRX8 View Post
Work's great on my Touch.
Thanks
Quote:
Originally Posted by caddieguy02 View Post
hey cody works on the mogul...here is a screen shot
Quote:
Originally Posted by Siflan View Post
This works great. Thanks again.

thanks guys for the replies. this lets me know it was all worth it.

people have know idea how long i spent on this... you wouldn't belive i am just a plumber with a hobby. lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by caddieguy02 View Post
mods can u please fix my account settings so i can post screen shots like cody's above...thanks
to get your screenshots on the site like i did you need to get something like photobucket (FREE) to host your pictures. after you upload it you would then take the img url and put it in your post. for example... the picture you see is just this line added to the post ... http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y10...0/screen-3.jpg it also has the [img] at the begining and [/img] at the end.

sorry, didn't want to hijack my own thread. personalizer discussions only. lol.
This post has been thanked 5 times.
Old 03-20-2008, 04:29 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: htc mogul 6800
Carrier: sprint

mstrpakman is a n00b

i been looking for that thank you it work good on my mogul
Old 03-23-2008, 04:24 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Mogul

tyante is a n00b

Thanks Cody. I was about to post that the 3.0 cab didn't work. Glad this thread came up on the top of the search. Seems like all it working now on No2Chem's 5049 rom. Will be flashing to the 5058 soon and installing it there as well.
Old 03-23-2008, 01:30 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch
Carrier: Bell

TheIgster is just getting started

Thanks for this! Works great.
Old 03-27-2008, 11:45 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyante View Post
Thanks Cody. I was about to post that the 3.0 cab didn't work. Glad this thread came up on the top of the search. Seems like all it working now on No2Chem's 5049 rom. Will be flashing to the 5058 soon and installing it there as well.
yes, i was going to remove that 3.0 version all together. 169 downloads so far and all is good. looks like my work here is done.

Thanks for the thank you's,
cody
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software