PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-11-2008, 05:19 AM
When will then be now?
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy Nexus
Carrier: Verizon

imneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to imneveral0ne Send a message via MSN to imneveral0ne Send a message via Yahoo to imneveral0ne
Where is this blog located for skyfire? i cant seem to find it and would love to be able to read it. help me please :-p

alslo:

can someone who has it do me a favor and go to wwe.com and see if you can watch the videos from that website? i havent been able to get em to work on my computer for a while and it would be nice to have a way to watch em ^_^

thanx in advance
Old 02-11-2008, 08:05 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch
Carrier: Sprint

MrOuija36 is a n00b
I dont think you should email and bitch and moan to be honest .. its a beta for one .. and two this community is not the only one that knows bout it you know? hell I found out bout it on engadget way before it was even posted on here

but like most betas its to a select few NOW give it a week and everyone should have it .. and if not .. when 1.0 is released it will be free .. patience ..

hell I rarely use it for the time being cause it doesnt support multi line text which means I cant post on here or any other forum or post on facebook or anything I usually do on the net lol
Old 02-11-2008, 08:24 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

wjrandon knows their stuffwjrandon knows their stuffwjrandon knows their stuffwjrandon knows their stuffwjrandon knows their stuffwjrandon knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to wjrandon Send a message via Yahoo to wjrandon
I received a statement from Skyfire this morning regarding sign ups, it's a fairly canned response but at least we know they're listening.

Quote:
We appreciate your enthusiasm and realize you’re anxious to get the beta. Rest assured that we are inviting people to download Skyfire on a first signed up, first invited basis. You should receive an invitation to download before anyone who signed up after you did. Our beta sign ups did coincide with the DEMO 08 conference and there was no way to sign up for the beta prior to January 28th. We are working hard to get more people into the beta program and anxious to extend your invitation to download.

In the meantime, here is some information about our status:
Since our launch on January 28th, we’ve been hard at work to release the Skyfire beta 0.5. The good news is that on February 8th, we began the initial invitations to download the Skyfire beta. It’s a big milestone for us and one of many ahead as we march to 1.0. We are happy to report that the initial response from people using Skyfire beta 0.5 has been quite positive.

The number of sign ups for the beta program continues to be off the charts – more than we can accommodate today. Rest assured, we will get to everyone signed up, but initially we have to pace ourselves and roll out the beta in a measured approach. We are inviting beta signs up to download on a first signed-up, first invited basis.

Since you are registered, we will notify you both by email and by SMS as soon as there is room for you in the beta program. Please be sure that when you signed up for the beta program you entered the mobile phone number you want to download Skyfire on. We need that mobile phone number to notify you when it’s your turn to download. If you used a different number, please sign up again and use the mobile number of the phone you want to download Skyfire on. This is important and how we will notify you when it’s your turn to download.

As reminder, first we are supporting Windows Mobile phones in the U.S. After Windows Mobile, we will support the Symbian platform in the U.S. – starting with Nokia N-Series and E-series phones. This could take a couple of months as we continue development and testing. We also hear all the Blackberry, Palm and Linux users who want Skyfire, but the wait will be longer. For our friends in Europe, Asia and around the world, we are working as hard as we can to roll out the service internationally.

We are very anxious to get you into the Skyfire private beta as soon as possible. It’s only with your help that we’ll march to a stellar 1.0 product. We ask for just a little patience. We are a small team after all.

To stay up to date about what’s happening here, you can read our blog. You can also refer to our FAQ. Please tell your friends about Skyfire. Thanks for signing up for the Skyfire private beta.

Thanks,
The Skyfire Team
Old 02-11-2008, 08:32 AM
Give him the KICK!!!
Pocket PC: HTC EVO w/TP as a Back Up
Carrier: sprint

dschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Aren't betas supposed to be used ALOT by whoever has it? As in, abused, put through the ringer, pushed to the limits to see what it can or cannot handle? I always thought betas were for the company who made the product, so they could get feedback on their beta. If i wasn't going to use their beta ALOT, i wouldnt have signed up to get it.
Old 02-11-2008, 10:27 AM
dearls

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
I recieved an email about this from them last thursday saying the text will be coming to download it but no text yet hopefully today it will come
Old 02-11-2008, 10:35 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTV EEVVVOOOOO, and a BB tour
Carrier: sprint..and umm...PPCGEEKZ!!

Success100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to Success100 Send a message via Yahoo to Success100
man i signed up the day it was posted and still havent got shit
Old 02-11-2008, 11:07 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Droid Incredible
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

qwho is keeping up the good workqwho is keeping up the good work
As you all know from the posts and screenshots I have provided, I have a copy of skyfire. Does anyone know if there is a feedback system? Usually in a beta test there is some way to provide feedback about bugs and such. Usually from within the app itself. I have not found anything like that...
Old 02-11-2008, 11:24 AM
Lurker

adammaas is a n00b
Talking :( no sms for me on my htc touch

I signed up Mon, 28 Jan 2008 08:00:29 central. Oh well. I guess I will put it on my list of things I'm waiting for..gps,rev a, flying cars, short shorts to come back.
Old 02-11-2008, 11:32 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Droid Incredible
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

qwho is keeping up the good workqwho is keeping up the good work
To answer my post from above, it is feedback@skyfire.com. I just sent them an email with my suggestions.

Yay.

Also, sorry to all of you who are waiting for an invite.
Old 02-11-2008, 12:01 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Touch PRO

tbhausen is just getting started
Anyone whe gets the invite today, please post when you got your initial confirmation and when you got the invite. That way we don't get a bunch of garbage posts to sift thru here.

I got the initial confirmation at 3PM on the 28th... still waiting. I'm using a Q9c right now. Has anyone used it on a non-touchscreen device yet? (yes, I know this is a PPC site)

Todd/Indy
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software