PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-06-2008, 09:14 PM
Noob
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint SERO

Baffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to Baffles
BAF MSL Grabber, version 1

BAF MSL Grabber is an application to quickly and painlessly give you the MSL code for any CDMA HTC device running Windows Mobile. It sure beats having to do manual hacking or trying to convince Sprint to give it to you over the phone. The MSL is the code you are required to enter to edit any of your radio parameters. One popular parameter change is to lower the slot-cycle index, which makes your phone poll the tower more often, thereby making your phone ring quicker when someone calls you. Radio/PST configuration edits can be found all over the web via Google.

Please note that to use this you must have .NET 3.5 instealled on your device.

To download, please visit http://www.baf.cc/bafmsl - you can either download the .cab and transfer it to your phone and install it, or scan the QR code with software such as i-Nigma. OEM is also over at the site. This is the first fully QR-Code ready app I have released, meaning that if you go to the About tab and click share, a QR code will pop up so others can scan+download directly off the screen of your device.

Screenshot:

I hope this isn't going to put me in some kind of legal jeopardy. I don't see why it would, maybe I need a disclaimer someplace though.

baf.cc | GPS Toggler | Touch Pro Essentials | Got MSL?
Donations are accepted and greatly appreciated.

Last edited by Baffles; 11-16-2008 at 10:39 PM.
This post has been thanked 88 times.
Old 11-06-2008, 09:56 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Carrier: Sprint

huynhc is keeping up the good workhuynhc is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to huynhc
Re: BAF MSL Grabber, version 1

you are my hero.....thanks baffles. your a tremendous asset to this community.
Old 11-06-2008, 10:08 PM
Noob
Threadstarter

Baffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation level

I'm trying to track down a random bug, so if you used this, please post and let me know if it worked or not, and if you have a hardSPL installed or not.

huynhc: no problem! thanks for the compliment
Old 11-06-2008, 10:58 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

huynhc is keeping up the good workhuynhc is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to huynhc

once i installed, i had to soft-reset for it to work. had net 3.5 installed the first day i got the phone so didnt think i had to reset to get the .exe to work but i did and it ended up working fine.
Old 11-06-2008, 11:09 PM
Noob
Threadstarter

Try this version of .NET 3.5 if you have any issues, as well.
This post has been thanked 7 times.
Old 11-07-2008, 08:43 AM
VIP & Master of my Domain
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4g

stroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIP

I already have my MSL, but wanted to try yours out. Didn't work for me and gave me some error about NETCFv35.Messages.EN.wm missing. I uninstalled my version of .net 3.5 and installed the one you linked and got the same error after a reboot. Googled and found NETCFv35.Messages.EN.wm which I installed and rebooted. Ran again and now it just says "The port 'COM9:' does not exist.

I'm still on the stock rom if it helps you any.

Old 11-07-2008, 09:03 AM
Noob
Threadstarter

COM9 is supposed to be open to the radio, yet it seems to be purely random if it will work or not. I haven't been able to reproduce it not working on any of my devices though. One person I was having test it went so far as to install hardSPL and it still didn't work, then he uninstalled/reinstalled .NET 3.5 and it worked after soft resetting (though .NET wasn't the issue because it didn't work in PortaPuTTY either).
Old 11-07-2008, 12:52 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

Wipeout is a n00b

Got a .NET 3.5 error after installing (.NET was already installed).

Soft reset and worked great. let me in to ##778# without issue.
Old 11-07-2008, 08:54 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Vogue
Carrier: Bell

EtrnlWolf is keeping up the good workEtrnlWolf is keeping up the good workEtrnlWolf is keeping up the good work
Send a message via ICQ to EtrnlWolf

DL'd using the barcode, saved in My Docs... will not open. Get the wait animation for a few secs then nothing. NETCF should already be on here. Will dl the NETCF from a few posts up and see if that helps.

EDIT: Installed the provided NETCF cab and it now launches and gave me my MSL with no issues.

Last edited by EtrnlWolf; 11-08-2008 at 01:13 AM. Reason: Adding Update
Old 11-07-2008, 09:36 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 , Curve 2

apacho01 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularapacho01 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularapacho01 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via Yahoo to apacho01

Worked great on my mogul...thanks

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software