PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-15-2011, 11:37 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: htc touch pro (sprint)
Carrier: sprint

theevilmonkee is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartheevilmonkee is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartheevilmonkee is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Google Maps Satellite View?

I remember using Google Maps with an option to select either map view or satellite view, but I can't find the option now (I'm running version 4.1.1.).

Is there a particular version with the satellite view feature, or where can I find the option in my version?

Thanks in advance!
Old 01-16-2011, 12:35 AM
I BLEED GREEN!!
Pocket PC: treo 700wx>mogul>touchpro>touchpro2>Evo 3D
Carrier: Sprint

lnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to lnando84
Re: Google Maps Satellite View?

Quote:
Originally Posted by theevilmonkee View Post
I remember using Google Maps with an option to select either map view or satellite view, but I can't find the option now (I'm running version 4.1.1.).

Is there a particular version with the satellite view feature, or where can I find the option in my version?

Thanks in advance!
It should be found under layers. Once running google maps click menu, layers, then check off satellite.

Donations accepted not expected!

This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 01-26-2011, 03:26 AM
Belladesouja

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Google maps are provide by Google earth application. It shows map view on any country which you want to see on Internet. These is nice application which was like by me. It connected with satellite and shows all place of earth with pictures and it total information regarding that place.
Old 02-16-2011, 01:06 AM
I BLEED GREEN!!
Pocket PC: treo 700wx>mogul>touchpro>touchpro2>Evo 3D
Carrier: Sprint

lnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to lnando84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storm Aiden View Post
Google Maps is nothing new to anyone, yet I found many do not use it with its full potential. Other than exploring street map you can get satellite map of any geographical location of this planet. The way Google Maps Satellite imagery getting popularity, that day is not far away when Google maps satellite will take you to the surface of Moon or Mars, I really can’t predict if Google is planning to set the option of observing the northern hemisphere’s sky on their map. But for the time being keep exploring the satellite map of Google on your screen. In this hub, I am going to show you how to get the satellite view in your Google maps.
How to get Satellite View in Google Maps

To see satellite images in Google maps need nothing but a click to a tab called “satellite”. Once you go to http://www.maps.google.com and click in the right side tab called “satellite”- Google will keep loading the satellite images into your computer. And by clicking the location name or city name specified in the map you can see the satellite view of that place. This not all about satellite view. In fact there are four types of direction modes available on Google maps satellite, which will give you all the necessary direction on how to reach a particular place. You will get direction for going to a place:
  1. By car
  2. By public transport
  3. By walking
  4. By cycling

For example you want to see satellite map direction for going to California Street, San Francisco, CA,USA to California Tennis Club and you choose go there by car. For getting complete satellite direction, on reaching your destination, you need to take look at the right hand side of your Google map, you will find a tab called “get direction”, below this tab you will see two boxes –‘A’ and ‘B’. In box ‘A’ type the name of the place where you’re right now and on the box ‘B’ type the destination where you want to reach by a car. Additionally, if you want to avoid highways or tolls then just click the “option” menu, right below the box B, here you can select if your travel route should avoid any highway or toll. Now, you click the “get direction box”- grey colored, just below box B, and you will get the complete route map including the distances and estimated time required to reach California Tennis Club.
Google Satellite Maps will also provide you a complete route guide for going to place by walking, by public transport or by cycling.
How to know if my city’s street view is included in Google Satellite Imagery
Not all the cities of the world have street view options, you can check if your city’s street view can be found in Google maps from- Street View Map

This will give you a list of cities with street view options. All the cities having street view option will be shown in blue color in this map.
LOL I'm pretty sure everyone here would be talking about the windows mobile app, not the desktop web-based version..

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software