PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-28-2010, 04:34 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio
Carrier: Verizon

Rudeseal is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
New HTC Weather Server from Accuweather directly

Since Conflipper servers are down, forever.. and Not2Advanced.com is not always reliable.. Use the Accuweather server instead..

http://htc.accuweather.com/widget/htc/forecast-data_v3.asp?ac=TR2cra9U&locCode=

Use the weather city editer to edit the weather servers or change it in the registery as shown in other threads.. if you use the editor, you can add citys to the DB that are not listed in the HTC default city lists (which is pretty scarce).

Last edited by NinjaMom; 07-22-2012 at 07:32 AM.
Old 05-08-2012, 12:58 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: TP
Carrier: Duh, think about it...

Talon Pro is becoming a PPCGeeks regularTalon Pro is becoming a PPCGeeks regularTalon Pro is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: New HCT Weather Server from Accuweather directly

Hate to bump a thread so old... but. Both Conf and n2a are gone and my stock Rom weather tab doesnt work. Tried using the accuweather url above and it doesnt work either. I also tried using just accuweather.com and it didnt work either.

Anyone have a clue what to use now? The TP2 weather tab works fine, but my initial poking in the registry didnt find the entry for it, im sure it would work if i could find it.

TIA...
Old 07-21-2012, 03:40 PM
MIA
Pocket PC: All HTC CDMA PPC
Carrier: Alltel

conflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation level
Re: New HCT Weather Server from Accuweather directly

Here is info on accessing Accuweather API. I had an account set up with them.

Examples of feed URLs:

http://hofmann.accu-weather.com/widg....asp?location=

Use that URL and it should work.

I have also included the PHP file, used to display the info and to convert everything. So anyone can upload this file to there website, change in the registry where to find the file, on your own server. And this file should do the rest on the information.

This is how I set up the registry.

<characteristic type="FileOperation" />
<characteristic type="Registry">
<characteristic type="HKCU\Software\HTC\Manila">
<parm name="LaunchCounter" value="1" datatype="integer" />
<parm name="Weather.ServerURLOverride" value="http://htcweather.conflippersweather.com/weathertranslate.php?ac=CONFLIPPER&amp;locCode=%25 ls&amp;version= 1&amp;device=innovation" datatype="string" />
</characteristic>
</characteristic>

That Weather.ServerURLOverride, was where I had it linked to where my site was. So upload the PHP file I have included into your own site. Take now of the file location. And then change the URL to something like this

http://THIS IS YOUR SITE URL.COM/weathertranslate.php?ac=CONFLIPPER&amp;locCode=%25 ls&amp;version= 1&amp;device=innovation

I have also included the latest version of the database file that I used. So everyone can have that and take a peak at it. At least look into it, and realize how large it is, and how much work went into it. Because that was a large task. I never imagined it would have been as big has it was during its heyday. Serving over 1,000,000 weather updates a month.
Attached Files
File Type: zip weathertranslate.zip (3.7 KB, 17 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: zip Database13.zip (1.11 MB, 10 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by conflipper; 07-21-2012 at 03:55 PM.
Old 07-21-2012, 05:00 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: TP
Carrier: Duh, think about it...

Talon Pro is becoming a PPCGeeks regularTalon Pro is becoming a PPCGeeks regularTalon Pro is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: New HTC Weather Server from Accuweather directly

Doesnt work on my TP or TP2. I figured out that it needed to have your program installed, and not the Falkes one. Testing with either one did not result in any download of weather data.

I placed the file at bot-racing.com/weathertranslate.php and can verify it works by navigating to it, but the weather tab only gives a Connection Error. This is on wifi and Sprint Data, stock ROM's.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software

Tags
accuweather, htc, server, weather