PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-26-2010, 03:36 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2
Carrier: Verizon

New Daddy is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Question Does installing Microsoft Live Search remove Bing?

I love the new Bing with its turn-by-turn voice navigation, but miss certain features of the old Bing (like comparing gas prices). Imagine my surprise and delight when Handango's newsletter included a link to the old Microsoft Live Search.

Before forging ahead and installing Live Search, I wanted to know if doing that can damage the new Bing that I have on my TP2. I absolutely want to keep the new Bing2 for its voice navigation. Any experiences?
Old 11-01-2010, 10:44 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Incredible

gambatte is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargambatte is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargambatte is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargambatte is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: Does installing Microsoft Live Search remove Bing?

Live Search will not work anymore. As soon as you start it, you will be forced to upgrade to the new Bing, which you already have.
Old 11-01-2010, 09:02 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2
Threadstarter

New Daddy is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by gambatte View Post
Live Search will not work anymore. As soon as you start it, you will be forced to upgrade to the new Bing, which you already have.
Then Handango sent a really anachronistic newsletter.

I'm suspecting Handango lets its computer generate the newsletters without any human review. It features AgendaOne, which is no longer updated by the developer, once every few months.
Old 11-02-2010, 04:03 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Incredible

gambatte is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargambatte is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargambatte is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargambatte is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Haha. I doubt they even know. It is not like M$ notified anyone. Just tried to use it one day and out of the blue it said "go to m.bing.com", which is pretty much nothing but the search engine. I thought I could d/l Bing but that said "doesn't support resolution of your device". There are quite a lot of P-O ppl. If you run Bing 4 (the one with gas prices) it will force you to upgrade to Bing 5 (the one w/o). No one can understand the forced upgrade. At least, when Yahoo discontinued Y!2Go, they sent a nice email to everyone to say so.
Old 11-04-2010, 07:02 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Intrepid
Carrier: Sprint

Tmair is just getting started
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gambatte View Post
Haha. I doubt they even know. It is not like M$ notified anyone. Just tried to use it one day and out of the blue it said "go to m.bing.com", which is pretty much nothing but the search engine. I thought I could d/l Bing but that said "doesn't support resolution of your device". There are quite a lot of P-O ppl. If you run Bing 4 (the one with gas prices) it will force you to upgrade to Bing 5 (the one w/o). No one can understand the forced upgrade. At least, when Yahoo discontinued Y!2Go, they sent a nice email to everyone to say so.
MS is not Yahoo, and they, unfortunatly don't care about the users, just how it works out on their bottom line!
Terry

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software