PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-28-2010, 11:19 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

nerys is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnerys is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnerys is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnerys is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Best Windows mobile FREE FTP Client??

or really cheap

Sometimes when I goto an event the hotel wifi sucks does not exist or might as well not exist. so it dawned on me I have this hi-tech data phone. Duh

I can process my update transfer it to the phone memory and upload using the phone.

I found Mobile FTP Client 1.1.5.2 and it works well so far but it does NOT have the provision to let me establish "starting" directory for local and remote. this means I have to drill down many many folder layers (my ftp side) to get to where I want to be.

is there a better FTP Client out their?

ALSO any app to let me upload youtube videos? ie copy the videos to my memory card and instruct this app "upload these videos to my youtube account" then I can goto bed and let the phone do the work for me and then update things like descriptions from the PC in the morning etc..

thanks!
Old 09-30-2010, 02:55 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: p3600
Carrier: ac

ilpollo74 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Re: Best Windows mobile FREE FTP Client??

Total Commander as usually
Old 09-30-2010, 03:24 PM
WP Heavy Rot Sloth
Pocket PC: Mogul, Touch Pro 1&2, Evo, PhotonQ

shaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

I've been quite happy with gsfinder+ , but alas it's been sooo long since I needed ftp I don't remember if that's possible. I know I can use it for all my network sharing needs, even with mac.
Old 09-30-2010, 04:10 PM
Chillin' with my Geeks!
Pocket PC: Epic 4G & Iphone is my toy :)
Carrier: Sprint/PPCGeeks

GirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

both of those suggested are amazing

If you wanna make the world a better place take a look at yourself and then make a change ~Michael Jackson
Old 09-30-2010, 07:19 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

nerys is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnerys is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnerys is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnerys is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

wow I did not know total commander DID ftp. I will have to try that out!
Old 09-30-2010, 07:49 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Vogues & an S4 Mini

MrGoodtunes knows their stuffMrGoodtunes knows their stuffMrGoodtunes knows their stuffMrGoodtunes knows their stuffMrGoodtunes knows their stuffMrGoodtunes knows their stuffMrGoodtunes knows their stuff
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Total Commander's latest version, 2.52 beta 2, has this nice dual screen mode where you can view one screen at a time by using a button in upper right corner. I've set up my 'leftside' virtual screen to show contents of the folder on storage card containing site files, and my 'rightside' virtual screen shows the appropriate server folder (when connected). It's wonderful!
Old 09-30-2010, 08:25 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

I have 2.52 beta 3

how do I do FTP I click every icon and every menu option and find nothing related to FTP
Old 10-01-2010, 01:11 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

jaqual is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Wirelessly posted (Touch Pro: Opera/9.80 (Windows Mobile; Opera Mini/5.1.21594/20.2485; U; en) Presto/2.5.25)

root directory, under \Plugins. Add new directory, then you can name the new connection and set up address and folder.

Last edited by jaqual; 10-01-2010 at 01:14 AM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software