PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-23-2010, 10:52 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio
Carrier: verizon

jabson is keeping up the good workjabson is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
GPS Location alarm

Guys, wondering if there is an application or someone is willing to take on the challenge for a GPS enabled location alarm.

I saw the post about the GPS location thing, but that is when your at your location, and need to get back to it. What I am looking for is a bit different.

I commute on the bus, usually an hour ride in and out. What I was wondering is, since thats an opertune time for me to catch just a few extra zzz's, is there something out there where you can pull up a map, click on a location, and as you draw near to that location, the phone triggers an alarm?

I envision this being used by alot of folks that are worried about missing thier stop, awake or not. I think it would be a really neat feature that can be used for more than just transit, just imagine your on a plane, and you know that you will be flying over an island or someones home, wouldn't it be cool if your phone told you when you were close, then you can call your friend and tell them your overhead?

I have zero programming or scripting knowledge, so was wondering if there is such an app, or from the brilliant minds located on this forum someone willing to work on this?

Just for starters, I am running a WVGA HTC Imagio with NRG sense 2012 and cookies 1.8.5.1 operated by WM6.5.

Any suggestions, recommendations, or takers willing to work with me on this?
Old 09-23-2010, 06:43 PM
Chillin' with my Geeks!
Pocket PC: Epic 4G & Iphone is my toy :)
Carrier: Sprint/PPCGeeks

GirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Re: GPS Location alarm

if it's not out there this definitely sounds like an app that could be made for you. Hopefully you'll find more answers here soon.

If you wanna make the world a better place take a look at yourself and then make a change ~Michael Jackson
Old 09-24-2010, 10:49 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Thanks, I hope so. Only 60 looks so far, so will hope someone is willing to take it on.
Old 09-30-2010, 04:11 PM
Chillin' with my Geeks!
Pocket PC: Epic 4G & Iphone is my toy :)
Carrier: Sprint/PPCGeeks

GirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

probably a bit complicated and needs someone with time on their hands. good luck!
Old 10-01-2010, 10:00 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Thanks, no takers yet. I have got to find some time to learn this scripting stuff so I can maybe start doing this stuff myself.

Yea, and pigs can fly!
Old 10-04-2010, 08:12 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO_Shift
Carrier: sprint

slantyshanty is a n00b

I suggested this kind of thing quite a while ago with no takers. Only I wanted one with multiple location settings that you could attach notes to... like reminding me to pick up blahblahblah from the store the next time I was close or taking money out of the bank the next time I was there. Can't complain though, I know not how to program either.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software