PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-03-2006, 10:26 PM
Moderator/WMExperts Staff
Pocket PC: Pure, TP2, Snap, Ozone, Intrepid,Treo Pro
Carrier: Sprint

Malatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Octro: New IM Client w/VOIP support (1.15/1.13 on 4/14/07)

Octro Mobile IM Client

1.15/1.13 is out 4/14/07! Now support AIM, ICQ, MSN

Version 1.15 for Pocket PC is out. And so is v 1.13 (unsigned) for Smartphone.

* Preference for displaying every buddy in a single line (it displays as 2 line by default)
* Preference for enabling multiple tabs for different buddy chats. By default, it opens each chat in the same window.
* File Sharing BOT -- unattended file sharing. Can be configured globally, so that anyone on your buddy list can access files shared by you, or for any of your buddies. If configured for your buddies, then can even send files without you having to accept.
* Licensing extended to May 10th, 2007

Hey everyone, this is some new Beta software for IM: Google Talk/Chat, AIM, ICQ, MSN. It's a nice client but it needs to be tested so if you can help out and drop the developers some tips and any bugs that'd be great.

With the demise of Verichat, Agile now charging and other mediocre IM software, the WM5 community really needs something new. Here's your chance to help influence the development of a next-gen IM client.

(It won't be free sofware, but it'll be worth it IMO. They are open to the idea of using SMS relay = save mad battery life and other ideas)

--Mal

Download here:
http://www.octro.com/OctroTalk.CAB
also attached here....

Support/Feedback
:
support@octro.com

http://www.octro.com/
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Octro, Inc., launches the first mobile Instant Messaging product with full voice integration. Keep connected with your buddies with this Always-On product, and your buddies can reach you whenever, wherever. Works seamlessly over GPRS/EDGE/CDMA/Wifi/Bluetooth data connections, and helps you cut down your phone costs.

Features:
* Always on connected to Google Talk, AIM, ICQ, MSN
* Complete VOIP product. Access to PSTN through partner sites.
* Supports Low Bandwidth Codec (even works with EDGE/GPRS/CDMA).
* Streamlined UI. Optimized for one-handed operation. Today Screen on Pocket PC. Home Screen support for Smartphone coming soon.
* Low CPU usage. Only VOIP product that works on Treo 700w (300 MHz processor).
* BOTs coming soon. Access your computer remotely.

Attached Files
File Type: zip octro_115_ppc_218.zip (790.6 KB, 327 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: zip octro_113_smartphone_113.zip (805.2 KB, 59 views) Click for barcode!
Old 12-04-2006, 03:20 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Motorola Atrix 4G
Carrier: AT&T

jamaa124 is a n00b
Send a message via ICQ to jamaa124 Send a message via AIM to jamaa124 Send a message via MSN to jamaa124 Send a message via Yahoo to jamaa124 Send a message via Skype™ to jamaa124
cool. i'm curious to see how much the app will cost when octro releases the official version.
Old 12-04-2006, 12:42 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch

Dinomon1 is becoming a great contributor
Would this work on AIM, YIM, MSN?
Old 12-05-2006, 12:19 PM
N00b

octro is becoming a great contributor
Currently, it doesn't work with Y!, AIM, MSN. But it should start working shortly (say 1-2 months).
Old 12-05-2006, 04:29 PM
Founder & Owner
Pocket PC: iPhone XS Max

Wideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to Wideawake
thanks for letting us know octro.
~mike

Old 12-05-2006, 04:34 PM
Threadstarter

Malatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Also 1.02 is out now:

1) Notifications (sound etc. should now work)
2) Preference in Buddy Options Menu to show only "online buddies"
3) SIP working on chat dialog for non-keyboard devices

I still have some issues on notifications (only works when I have Play Sound when actively chatting checked)

But otherwise it is coming along nicely.
Old 12-06-2006, 01:17 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC
Carrier: VZW

SMix is a n00b
Hey mal and/or octro hit me up on GTalk ... I wanan start using it and be able to help in developing/troubleshooting/etc ... but i unfortunately don't know many people on GTalk ... and would love to try out the VOIP features ... ShawnMix@gmail.com ... hope to hear from ya ... and in the case that octro checks this forum for feedback:

One feature I did not notice working was the sessions tab, at the top you can see the tabs for different people, but when you click on sessions it did not show you current convos ... this is mainly useful for one handed use

Other than that, definately resembles some of the same usability as verichat ... im impressed ... add in some SMS relay and multiple clients ... im sure u will have a market
Old 12-06-2006, 01:23 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

SMix is a n00b
oh yah and one more add on to the feedback portion ... If i am correct GTalk does support custom away messages right? It would be nice to see a system implemented where we can create custom away messages ...
Old 12-06-2006, 03:09 AM
Threadstarter

Smix,

I only use the program for testing purposes so I'm rarely "on".

Speaking of testing, I just use two gmail accounts and go back and forth myself: one on the computer, one on the ppc.

A lot easier to do and you can control more that way...
Old 12-06-2006, 11:33 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

SMix is a n00b
Gothca ... so I guess we're in the same boat ... LoL ... I don't have a need to have GTalk on on the comp at home ... but that might be a good idea for testing purpose ... to test out some more options ... thanks for the idea Mal!!!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software