PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   Windows Mobile Software (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   HTC Home Weather Stopped Updating? Here's the Fix (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=12561)

stroths 11-27-2007 10:30 AM

HTC Home Weather Stopped Updating? Here's the Fix

If you are using an older version of N2A's patched HTC Home Plugin then your weather stopped updating recently. You need a new version from the thread linked below.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=319187

Another option that worked for me was to delete the registry key below and then soft reset. The key below is created by older versions of N2A's modded HTC Home Plug to redirect weather to his server rather than accuweather's. If your city is not already in htc.accuweather.com then you must download a new version.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Comm\Tcpip\Hosts\htc.accuweathe r.com

Some may experience issues with the registry changes not sticking. If you run into this issue, try hitting the power button and waiting a few minutes before resetting.

bedoig 11-27-2007 11:42 AM

Thanks for the info. Mine stopped updating yesterday afternoon.

Dagger969 11-27-2007 12:09 PM

Thats great news. I just did a hard reset and thought mine was just borked. Good work.

kcaegis45 11-27-2007 01:35 PM

I did the touch.dll cab and the weather is now working on my Touch.
I had 5 tabs set up before the new cab install but now I only get 3 tabs - Home, Weather and Launcher. I tried resetting the tabs but it still comes up with three tabs. I tried a softreset but its still 3 tabs
Im using Emunutz .8b customizer & HomePluginWM6.
I reinstalled both and the 5 tabs are back but now the weather is not working.
I like having 5 tabs but I also want the weather.
Any suggestons or should I just wait for the cab override by N2A?

Dagger969 11-27-2007 01:56 PM

He has more than one cab posted. You're looking for the WM5 one that is 1.84 megs.

kcaegis45 11-27-2007 04:22 PM

I got it to work on both my Touch and mogul
I dl the wrong files. I thought I was suppose to use one of the 5 zip files, the ones with the pictures of the zip. I was wrong.

Now I used :
For other devices: UPX compressed / Uncompressed
and everything is working.

For those who was as confused as I was who has the Mogul or Touch.
1) DL either compressed or Uncompressed - For other devices: UPX compressed / Uncompressed from the XDA link from #1 post above.
2) uninstall your present version of Home Plugin
3) install the new dl (htchome-2.1-n2a-weatherfix)
And depending on your customizer, redo you theme, weather cities, etc.
And now your back to normal..

kcaegis45 11-27-2007 05:18 PM

Anyone having an issue changing cities using the custom database?
It seems that the default database comes up even thou I programmed it to use the custom database on the Emunutz customizer 0.8b.
I get the weather on the city I set as default on the custom database but if I want to change it to another city i set up on the custom database, the custom database doesn't come up, the default database come up.
Anyone else having this problem?

Update: There seems to be a problem changing cities from the Home Page. It brings up the default database and not the custom database ( Im using Emunutz .8b, YMMV) so you can't change it to any city you customized from the Home Page. If you want a customized city you will need to go back into HHC and add it again and set it as a default so it will show up on the Home Page. Also, if you have a custom city showing on the Home Page and then you change it to a city on the default database from the Home Page and you want to go back to the custom city, you will need to go back to the HHC and reset it again. A pain since I travel from several different cities daily.

jbh00jh 11-27-2007 06:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stroths (Post 130370)
If you are using an older version of N2A's patched HTC Home Plugin then your weather stopped updating recently. You need a new version from the thread linked below.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=319187

Another option that worked for me was to delete the registry key below and then soft reset. The key below is created by older versions of N2A's modded HTC Home Plug to redirect weather to his server rather than accuweather's. If your city is not already in htc.accuweather.com then you must download a new version.

HKEY_LOCAL_MA

Some may experience issues with the registry changes not sticking. If you run into this issue, try hitting the power button and waiting a few minutes before resetting.

Thanks for the help.

stylz3 11-27-2007 11:07 PM

thanks stroths for this fix. started to get worried with the weather not updating in the HTC home plug-in, but it was all a server problem and this fix was the solution.

buck95 11-28-2007 08:24 PM

Works great on my 6700 using the HTC-Homeplug_WM5_N2A_weatherpatched.CAB suggested above even though im using wm6 with the homepage installed with the rom