PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-18-2010, 08:18 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

MisterMP0315 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Updated Bing Application - Now with Turn-by-turn Navigation

Amazing that this is free.
Old 05-18-2010, 07:35 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: PPC-6700, PPC-6800

6700noobie is a n00b

Does anyone know of a trick to load this into the "older" low res phones? I've tried loading it on an Apache and I get the "Sorry, your resolution is not support. Please load an older version of Bing at m.bing.com" message. Like voice nav has anything to do with screen res.
1 Sprint Mogul (6800) flakey as heck unit - build tester
Old 05-18-2010, 07:48 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G

WanderingMinstrel knows their stuffWanderingMinstrel knows their stuffWanderingMinstrel knows their stuffWanderingMinstrel knows their stuffWanderingMinstrel knows their stuffWanderingMinstrel knows their stuff

Works like the proverbial charm in my TP1/stock 6.1 rom.
Great find. Thanks guys!
Old 05-18-2010, 07:53 PM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor
Wirelessly posted (HTC Diamond: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.11) Sprint MP6950SP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6700noobie
Does anyone know of a trick to load this into the "older" low res phones? I've tried loading it on an Apache and I get the "Sorry, your resolution is not support. Please load an older version of Bing at m.bing.com" message. Like voice nav has anything to do with screen res.
I believe the reason why this won't work on some older devices is because the resolution of the downloaded maps can't be displayed on lower res older screens. I may be wrong though.
Old 05-18-2010, 08:58 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: PPC-6700, PPC-6800

6700noobie is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by horndoctor View Post
Wirelessly posted (HTC Diamond: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.11) Sprint MP6950SP)

I believe the reason why this won't work on some older devices is because the resolution of the downloaded maps can't be displayed on lower res older screens. I may be wrong though.
I guess that's their excuse but it's kinda lame. I mean. My apache by default takes pictures at resolutions higher than my phone screen resolution yet I'm able to see those just fine with and without scaling.

I think they're just trying to get cheapskates like me to move up to newer tech. [rant on] I'd love to, if they put cut and paste into win phone 7 and not nuder office functionality. I use my current apache with 6.1 to create content, keep track of my car mileage in pocket excel, take meeting notes in pocket word, and heck even put pdf maps or manuals on my phone just so I can get where I'm going or do things that would otherwise require me to lug around a laptop. I wish Sprint would put win mo 6.5.3 on the EVO, but I guess that would cut deep into future win phone 7 units. I mean the OS has potential, but I currently see that I have a lot to lose from even what a TP2 would provide. [rant off]

I guess I'm getting a TP2 and waiting for win phone 7.4 before upgrading the TP2. Heck I've had the apache this long.
Old 05-19-2010, 04:03 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2

Gsaraco is a n00b

Can you assign a name to a "Favorite" address without adding a pin first? The pin thing is an annoying extra step that introduces a lot of human error into the equation - I'd much rather type in an address and assign a name!
Old 05-19-2010, 10:52 PM
VFW Member
Pocket PC: GNote2 Sprint SERO!
Carrier: Theodore Roosevelt CVN-71

gullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 21 Post(s)

I dont see the option for Birds eye view. I use that often on the old version. Did they leave it out or am I missing something?

Last edited by gullzway; 05-19-2010 at 10:55 PM.
Old 05-21-2010, 12:25 AM
Flashaholic!
Pocket PC: Vogue->(TP2/Incredible 2/ThunderBolt)
Carrier: Verizon

Lmiller1708 is a VIPLmiller1708 is a VIPLmiller1708 is a VIPLmiller1708 is a VIPLmiller1708 is a VIPLmiller1708 is a VIPLmiller1708 is a VIPLmiller1708 is a VIPLmiller1708 is a VIPLmiller1708 is a VIPLmiller1708 is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by gullzway View Post
I dont see the option for Birds eye view. I use that often on the old version. Did they leave it out or am I missing something?
Looks like it is gone!

@All Here is a BING version I modified that should work just fine on most older devices.
It will not check for updates however... But that's what PPCGeeks is for!

Let me know!

Update:
New Version is HERE!

Last edited by Lmiller1708; 07-27-2010 at 06:17 PM.
This post has been thanked 5 times.
Old 05-21-2010, 03:16 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2

Gsaraco is a n00b

Tried out Bing a little bit yesterday and thought it was pretty nice, but no replacement for Waze. Something about the color scheme and overall look of Bing makes it harder to visually process in quick glances, which is important in a GPS. The fixed "north" orientation of the map doesn't help either, and it's worse when the upcoming direction covers the entire screen. Basically I feel like I need to devote too much thought to Bing while I'm using it, so it distracts me while I drive. Back to Waze I go!
Old 05-22-2010, 11:56 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Intrepid

Tmair is just getting started
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6700noobie View Post
I guess that's their excuse but it's kinda lame. I mean. My apache by default takes pictures at resolutions higher than my phone screen resolution yet I'm able to see those just fine with and without scaling.

I think they're just trying to get cheapskates like me to move up to newer tech. [rant on] I'd love to, if they put cut and paste into win phone 7 and not nuder office functionality. I use my current apache with 6.1 to create content, keep track of my car mileage in pocket excel, take meeting notes in pocket word, and heck even put pdf maps or manuals on my phone just so I can get where I'm going or do things that would otherwise require me to lug around a laptop. I wish Sprint would put win mo 6.5.3 on the EVO, but I guess that would cut deep into future win phone 7 units. I mean the OS has potential, but I currently see that I have a lot to lose from even what a TP2 would provide. [rant off]

I guess I'm getting a TP2 and waiting for win phone 7.4 before upgrading the TP2. Heck I've had the apache this long.
Here is a thread with specif instructions on how to modify the program so it will work: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...=121157&page=2

Terry

Edited to say: Or should work, it did for me.
TM

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software