PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-30-2009, 10:02 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC HD2
Carrier: T-Mobile USA

darnell knows their stuffdarnell knows their stuffdarnell knows their stuffdarnell knows their stuffdarnell knows their stuffdarnell knows their stuffdarnell knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Thumbs up New VGA Version of Pocket e-Sword released, v3.1.0. Works with WM 6.5!!!

You can get it here.

I am thankful that the Lord willed we now have a version of Pocket e-Sword, that works well with the Touch Pro and WM 6.5 .

(And of course you can send the developer a donation and thanks to encorage him. Be sure to let him know you're using Pocket e-Sword, so he does not think you're contacting him about the desktop version.)
This post has been thanked 6 times.
Old 06-30-2009, 10:41 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

zero157h7 knows their stuffzero157h7 knows their stuffzero157h7 knows their stuffzero157h7 knows their stuffzero157h7 knows their stuffzero157h7 knows their stuffzero157h7 knows their stuff
Send a message via ICQ to zero157h7 Send a message via AIM to zero157h7 Send a message via MSN to zero157h7 Send a message via Yahoo to zero157h7 Send a message via Skype™ to zero157h7
Re: New VGA Version of Pocket e-Sword released, v3.1.0. Works with WM 6.5!!!

I got it but the text does not get small enough and the scrolling did not seem to work. It is still better than trying to run qvga though.
Old 07-01-2009, 11:50 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Carrier: T-Mobile USA
Threadstarter

darnell knows their stuffdarnell knows their stuffdarnell knows their stuffdarnell knows their stuffdarnell knows their stuffdarnell knows their stuffdarnell knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by zero157h7 View Post
I got it but the text does not get small enough and the scrolling did not seem to work. It is still better than trying to run qvga though.
Even on the smallest setting the text is much larger than with earlier versions of the software on my Touch Pro, but I think that's by design given the extra size. Since VGA offers far more space than QVGA. I have not had any problems at all with scrolling.
Old 04-23-2010, 02:21 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc hd2
Carrier: mtn

Henri157 is a n00b

I have not been able to get it working on my htc HD2. Any sugestions? Used it often on my Tytan II and really need it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by darnell View Post
You can get it here.

I am thankful that the Lord willed we now have a version of Pocket e-Sword, that works well with the Touch Pro and WM 6.5 .

(And of course you can send the developer a donation and thanks to encorage him. Be sure to let him know you're using Pocket e-Sword, so he does not think you're contacting him about the desktop version.)
Old 04-28-2010, 06:47 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: TP2, TP, Touch, Rant, Rumor: on 9 lines
Carrier: Sprint Business plan

fat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIP

I recommend that you use these cab files. You must install both to the same area, either both on device or both on the SD card. If you fonts are too small then you will need to install the fonts in the zip folder to your fonts folder in your windows directory on the device ie. windows/fonts/"New fonts" Then go into your fonts settings in eSword and chose the new fonts you just installed.

edit: the "Small Fonts for Pocket eSword.zip" is really so that if you are using a wvga device and your fonts are too small you can install these and make them actually bigger!
Attached Files
File Type: zip Small Fonts for Pocket eSword.zip (622.4 KB, 179 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: cab Pocket e-Sword.CAB (1.86 MB, 179 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: cab SQLCE 2.0.CAB (1.79 MB, 119 views) Click for barcode!

(¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- 'Energy' |Sept 20| 21916| Sense 2.5|Cookie 2.0-.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯)
EDC: htc TP2, Rohrbaugh R9 Stealth, Dereelight C2H, Pocket Bible NASB, Leatherman Squirt

Last edited by fat boy; 04-30-2010 at 10:07 AM.
This post has been thanked 5 times.
Old 04-30-2010, 09:52 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Carrier: Sprint PCS

psiphi knows their stuffpsiphi knows their stuffpsiphi knows their stuffpsiphi knows their stuffpsiphi knows their stuffpsiphi knows their stuff

Not working for me using MightyMikes 6.5 ROM for Touch Pro... Installs SQLCE and Pocket e-Sword in main memory okay, I double click icon, get a busy cursor for 3 seconds then nothing...
Old 04-30-2010, 10:01 AM
VIP Member

fat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by psiphi View Post
Not working for me using MightyMikes 6.5 ROM for Touch Pro... Installs SQLCE and Pocket e-Sword in main memory okay, I double click icon, get a busy cursor for 3 seconds then nothing...
hmmm, weird. I am currrently using an NRG 6.5 rom on a TP2. I have always been able to get this to work for years on all kinds of devices and with many different roms. What should've happen on your first start is it would request the location of your "Bibles" and through the menu you would navigate to the proper folder and say ok. Wish I could help you out. Maybe what you should try is the install from the desktop version that the link is posted above and see if that works. Also maybe just try a soft reset to see if that helps.

Last edited by fat boy; 04-30-2010 at 10:04 AM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-06-2010, 04:27 AM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by psiphi View Post
I think I may have found your problem, it's the fonts. eSword is a little picky about font placement and if for example you have installed the MS font package it will just not run. I was testing two font cab files and both of them disabled my eSword and was exactly as you discribed. Once I unistalled the font packages my eSword ran as usual, hopefully that helps.
Old 05-06-2010, 04:07 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Carrier: Sprint PCS

psiphi knows their stuffpsiphi knows their stuffpsiphi knows their stuffpsiphi knows their stuffpsiphi knows their stuffpsiphi knows their stuff

That makes sense... I replaced my fonts some time ago...

Ended up installing on a spare phone in the mean time and was impressed... I still prefer Olivetree with the iLumina Mobile upgrade, but PocketSword is great for a freeware...
Old 05-10-2010, 01:44 PM
Lurker
Carrier: MTN

Jaztau is a n00b

Ok please help me...there is nothing at that link..whats wrong?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software