PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   Windows Mobile Hacks/Tweaks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   Can this be done? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=75421)

Stlheadake 07-20-2009 03:53 PM

Can this be done?

Hello all. Since I got my HTC 6800 I have lurked here gaining info on many hacks, tweaks, and suggestions. Now I have a new phone and I am back to the starting board.

I now have the HTC 6850 Touch Pro through U.S. Cellular. It is running WM 6.1. Whenever a call comes in the touch screen displays the caller I.D. and a large Red 'Ignore" or large Green 'accept' button. Is there a way to disable these buttons?

I keep the stupid thing in it's storage pouch. When it starts ringing I invariably either hang up, or answer the phone before I can get it out of the pouch. This is very annoying. I have thought about a new skin, but you don't always know what you are getting into with a new skin.

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated!

b4u2 07-20-2009 04:20 PM

Re: Can this be done?

S2U2 will help with that. I am not sure how to disable the answer and ingnore buttons.

bikeandestroyx 07-20-2009 04:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stlheadake (Post 1047529)
Hello all. Since I got my HTC 6800 I have lurked here gaining info on many hacks, tweaks, and suggestions. Now I have a new phone and I am back to the starting board.

I now have the HTC 6850 Touch Pro through U.S. Cellular. It is running WM 6.1. Whenever a call comes in the touch screen displays the caller I.D. and a large Red 'Ignore" or large Green 'accept' button. Is there a way to disable these buttons?

I keep the stupid thing in it's storage pouch. When it starts ringing I invariably either hang up, or answer the phone before I can get it out of the pouch. This is very annoying. I have thought about a new skin, but you don't always know what you are getting into with a new skin.

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated!

easiest way is to open up advanced config go to phone>phone skin> change it to disabled and it ill go away.

Stlheadake 07-20-2009 05:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bikeandestroyx (Post 1047590)
easiest way is to open up advanced config go to phone>phone skin> change it to disabled and it ill go away.

@bikeanddestroy where do I find advanced config? Are you referring to a reg editor? I don't have any reference to the steps you mention. This phone is basically out of the box 'cept for a handful of tweaks....

Stlheadake 07-20-2009 05:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by b4u2 (Post 1047587)
S2U2 will help with that. I am not sure how to disable the answer and ingnore buttons.

How should I reach s2u2?

Stlheadake 07-20-2009 05:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bikeandestroyx (Post 1047590)

I found the file. I didn't have it installed. Thanks again!!

bikeandestroyx 07-20-2009 07:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stlheadake (Post 1047712)
I found the file. I didn't have it installed. Thanks again!!

no problem man hit me up if you have any other questions

b4u2 07-20-2009 09:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stlheadake (Post 1047670)
How should I reach s2u2?

forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=72037&highlight=s2u2

b4u2 07-20-2009 09:17 PM

I would read up in advanced config. It has been known to cause problems. If you start having odd problems I would start with that

mullaneyiv 07-20-2009 11:32 PM

go here for the latest advanced config, by shaps. http://www.touchxperience.com/

Advanced config does or used to have a tweak that gave an invalid reg key, which would cause the delayed answer, BUT the solution for that has been solved along time ago via a sumple reg tweak and is available in multiple posts here. You can also try " diamond tweak ", another great program to customize your diamond, similar to A.C.