PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Hacks/Tweaks

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-13-2009, 09:55 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy Nexus
Carrier: Verizon

b4u2 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularb4u2 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularb4u2 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularb4u2 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularb4u2 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to b4u2
Enable Repeat Notifications

There is an alternative solution in POST 10 using Mortscript

I looked for this reg edit and all the answers I found did not work right. I have heard there are programs that will allow this but I don't want to install some large bloated program just to have my text notification repeat if I don't check it right away. Like I said I went thru this thoroughly and did all the testing on my Diamond and the wife's Vogue.

HKCU\ControlPanel\Notifications{A877D65B-239C-47a7-9304-0D347F580408}(new text message) Options=1073741845

You should be able to use this with other notifications but I just needed the text message repeat.
I hope this helps someone!

Added 7/14/09
Notifications

1073741855-Play, repeat, display, flash light (no limit?), vibrate.
1073741853-Play, repeat, display, flash light (no limit?).
1073741849-Play, repeat, display.
1073741841-Play, repeat.
1073741825-Play.
1073741824-Off
1073741845-Play, repeat, flash light.
1073741843-Play, repeat, vibrate.
1073741851-play, repeat, display, vibrate.

Last edited by b4u2; 09-12-2009 at 08:08 AM. Reason: More information
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 07-14-2009, 02:40 AM
Super Senior VIP Member
Pocket PC: Nexus 6p
Carrier: Att StraightTalk

psycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via MSN to psycho_maniac Send a message via Skype™ to psycho_maniac
Re: Enable Repeat Notifications

Thats what you change it to? on my touch pro that setting is set to 7
so i change it from "7" to "1073741845" ? im big into regedits and if this is correct ill test it on my tp also and then add it to the htc touch pro regedits thread.
Old 07-14-2009, 07:48 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

b4u2 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularb4u2 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularb4u2 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularb4u2 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularb4u2 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I tested this for a while before posting to make sure of worked. My wifes Vogue had a 3 in it and it works fine. In my Diamond some of the settings are single digits but you can change to this. Each of the last 2 digits corresponds to a setting. 53,49,37,55, I can go back and put what each number means in the settings.

Last edited by b4u2; 07-19-2009 at 07:45 AM.
Old 07-15-2009, 07:58 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

This is still working great on my Diamond! My wifes Vogue, however is giving me problems. Would someone with a Vogue, stock or custom ROM, look and see if under Sounds and Notifications Reminders if the repeat option is available? If the option is there and not greyed out would you select it then go to HKCU\ControlPanel\Notifications{15F11F90-8A5F-454c-89FC-BA9B7AAB0CAD} OPTIONS=(what is here?)
Thanks in advance to any one that helps!

Last edited by b4u2; 07-19-2009 at 07:46 AM.
Old 07-28-2009, 01:50 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

gome152 is a n00b

I tried this for text messages but the sound repeats even after I've viewed/closed the text message. Any ideas?
Old 07-28-2009, 05:02 PM
Super Senior VIP Member

psycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via MSN to psycho_maniac Send a message via Skype™ to psycho_maniac

i heard this was a known problem even before i got my touch pro
Old 07-28-2009, 08:43 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

I found this problem with my wifes Vogue. I have not been able to narrow this down or come up with a fix. I did find some software that works but it is not small. She is using MSENTINEL.CAb is what she is using and it works very well. I have not used MISSEDCALLREMINDER. There is also a Mortscript file that I have not used. *This Mortscript file is outdated* Check POST 10 for updated file.
Attached Files
File Type: cab msentinel.cab (55.8 KB, 10 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: cab MissedCallReminder_1.3.CAB (147.9 KB, 14 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: txt notify.txt (980 Bytes, 10 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by b4u2; 09-12-2009 at 08:09 AM.
Old 07-28-2009, 08:54 PM
Super Senior VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gome152 View Post
I tried this for text messages but the sound repeats even after I've viewed/closed the text message. Any ideas?
cant you see the txt icon and click it and then hit dismiss and that SHOULD stop the repeat? no??
Old 08-02-2009, 03:58 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

gome152 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by psycho_maniac View Post
cant you see the txt icon and click it and then hit dismiss and that SHOULD stop the repeat? no??
No, for some reason it'll just keep on repeating... I'll try one of the freeware apps that were mentioned though, thanks!
Old 09-11-2009, 04:05 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

Since my first post in this thread I have upgraded to MightyRom6Final. The registry tweaks I listed no longer work correctly. (They will not shut off even if you have checked all the messages until after 30 minutes.) So I needed a new fix since this doesn't work. I started looking around and discovered Mortscript. I wrote(with some help) a very simple reminder/repeat program. You will need Mortscript 4.2 to run this. This is a text file. You will need to change wav file to one of your own. Once you have done that rename the file with a .mscr ending. Then drop it in your Mortscript folder. Mortscript can be found here http://www.sto-helit.de/index.php?mo...ew&action=view

Info: I went into start\settings\sounds and notifications\ new text and voicemail and unchecked play. You can use the other settings but if you have a sound file in there the two will play on top of each other. If you have any questions post here or PM me. Also there is a great thread over on XDA. http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=289197
Attached Files
File Type: txt extranotify2.txt (387 Bytes, 10 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by b4u2; 09-11-2009 at 04:13 PM.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Hacks/Tweaks