PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   Windows Mobile Hacks/Tweaks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   What Would Happen If I... (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=71801)

acousticsoulfish 06-16-2009 03:21 AM

What Would Happen If I...

okay... long time lurker, just started my flashing addiction about a month ago when i learned the sd card method.... so, i've flashed every rom i could find, and until now i couldn't find one that gave me everything that i was looking for. it almost does, sprint tv works great.. but battery life and alot of the juicy, psyki, and mightymike registry edits aren't there:scratch:

so i got to thinking, what would happen if i loaded juicy or mighty's rom, did a registry backup with phm registry editor, then flashed back to this rom and restored the registry backup? would it work or end in disaster?

i would greatly appreciate any thoughts or experiences...

shaggylive 06-16-2009 03:41 AM

Re: What Would Happen If I...

just put the edits into whatever rom your using.
I don't recommend restoring a full reg on different roms, YMMV

codybear 06-16-2009 03:22 PM

I don't recommend it at all.
I don't even recommend backing up anything other than
contacts/sms/mms/email(don't like to do this one really)/call log.

Except your documents are fine to backup also, but I save all my stuff on my sdcard to save phone memory. No sense in having it on the phone if I can save those on my card.

psycho_maniac 06-20-2009 06:27 AM

yeah i wouldnt do it either. you could really mess up your phone.. would be a cool idea. combine one persons ideas with soembody elses ;)

piranah 06-26-2009 02:18 AM

unless they plan on working together, with permission from both chefs you might be able to run CeRegeditor, extract the registry, and combine the two,

but you would have to know what reg edits they did...

codybear 06-29-2009 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by piranah (Post 997879)
unless they plan on working together, with permission from both chefs you might be able to run CeRegeditor, extract the registry, and combine the two,

but you would have to know what reg edits they did...

yeah, I want to find a program to compare the complete registry to one another and point out the differences and tell me something like this.
Rom A Rom B
Has this reg edit Has this value for that reg
has this value for the Has XX value for this reg edit
same reg location as rom B

Something like that.
I wonder if I could use SKTracker for completely different roms....
Has anyone used if for completely different roms?

shaggylive 06-29-2009 03:40 PM

well, I know there are a few snapshot/compare util's for the ppc to do reg compares, but I find it much easier to do it with a pc..
enter CeRegEditor. it works very well for comparing.