PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Hacks/Tweaks

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-08-2009, 03:26 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Vogue (XV6900)
Carrier: Verizon

Link9228 is keeping up the good workLink9228 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Connection Settings in registry?

I don't know if this is the proper place to put this, but I'm trying to build an OEM file for a homemade ROM. Every time I re-flash (for various updates/fixes I make), I have to re-enter my connection data to get MMS working. I searched my phone's registry with CeRegistryEditor, and was unable to find anything.

Essentially, are the connection settings saved in the registry, or is there some file that the settings are saved to? And if it's a file, does anyone know where I could find it?
Old 06-08-2009, 11:35 AM
College ROM Teacher ESQ
Pocket PC: College ROM iphony Killer
Carrier: $print

piranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Yahoo to piranah
Re: Connection Settings in registry?

what connection settings are you talking about? your msdn? it sounds like you are building using a generic carrier folder....i see that your on verizon, are you running the carrier cab in your build? it doesnt sound like a reg problem to me....run the carrier cab in the buid and see if that works

Help Me Help You
Old 06-08-2009, 01:09 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

No, I don't think that's what I'm talking about. You know, the settings in Start>Settings>Connections>Connections>Modify Existing Connection.

On every reflash, that gets erased, which is rather annoying. Without any info in there, I can't connect to verizons data network.
In PPCKitchen, I have selected Verizon as my carrier, so I am pretty sure that everything is set up for Verizon, minus this part and the arcsoft settings, but that's a quick fix. This one actually takes a little while.
Old 06-08-2009, 06:59 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC TouchPro2 CDMA
Carrier: Alltel (Verizon)

codybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Link9228 View Post
No, I don't think that's what I'm talking about. You know, the settings in Start>Settings>Connections>Connections>Modify Existing Connection.

On every reflash, that gets erased, which is rather annoying. Without any info in there, I can't connect to verizons data network.
In PPCKitchen, I have selected Verizon as my carrier, so I am pretty sure that everything is set up for Verizon, minus this part and the arcsoft settings, but that's a quick fix. This one actually takes a little while.
I thought arcsoft was a program,
and it uses registries to record those settings,
but I thought it was a program in itself.
I have the mms cabs in my faq.
Link to my faq is in my signature.
Also, till I get my new phone, and make a vga faq,
there's a link in post 1 that links to a post I made describing what's vga compatible and what's not.
Old 06-08-2009, 07:36 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Arcsoft is a program... but the one's that come with PPCKitchen aren't exactly configured for Verizon. I have a .cab that basically installs registry settings for Arcsoft to run properly with Verizon. I got it off the internet somewhere. Before I can run that, however, I need to place my connection information in the settings

(the part where I type in my10digitnumber@vzw3g.com with vzw as the password <--- THIS is what I'm looking to either save or find in the registry, so that I can place it into my OEM so it will auto-configure)

Last edited by Link9228; 06-08-2009 at 07:39 PM.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Hacks/Tweaks