PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Hacks/Tweaks

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-24-2009, 06:20 PM
I love root
Pocket PC: HTC Hero
Carrier: Sprint

dannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Hide Today Screen Lines

From the fine folks at xda:
Quote:
This new registry edit comes much too late, now that everyone is moving away from the today screen to custom interfaces, but for those that prefer the simple and information-centric interface, this new registry setting, discovered in the Windows Mobile 6.5 ROM, will come as if from heaven.
For years the bane of a beautiful Today screen theme was the horizontal lines separating each item. It seems Microsoft has been hiding the setting to remove these annoying lines for some time. The registry edit to remove them are:
In HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Today add a new DWord key with name “HidePluginSeparators” and value 1
Soft-reset after the edit.
This registry edit does not work in all ROM’s and may be a new feature only added in the latest Windows Mobile 6.1 ROM’s. Try it out and let us know the results of your efforts.
Source:XDA-Developers.com
http://wmpoweruser.com/?p=2595
Lesson learned don't work on PPC while drinking.
This post has been thanked 7 times.
Old 01-24-2009, 07:10 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Hero

aintitfun is a n00b
Re: Hide Today Screen Lines

didnt change anything for me, on my 6900 w/sprint stock rom wm 6.1.
Old 01-24-2009, 11:00 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: OnePlus 8 5G
Carrier: T-Mobile

demonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by aintitfun View Post
didnt change anything for me, on my 6900 w/sprint stock rom wm 6.1.
same here on my 6800. to bad.
Old 01-25-2009, 01:00 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Diamond/Touch Pro 2

WestCoastGhost is just getting started

worked for me....I did a reboot as opposed to a soft reset...turned the phone off then back on.....thanks!!!!!
Old 01-25-2009, 01:08 PM
Almost a VIP

demonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by WestCoastGhost View Post
worked for me....I did a reboot as opposed to a soft reset...turned the phone off then back on.....thanks!!!!!
still no joy.

Last edited by demonlordoftheround; 01-25-2009 at 01:16 PM.
Old 01-25-2009, 01:39 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: 6700-->6800-->BB Tour-->Pre-->Droid X
Carrier: Verizon

friguy3 is keeping up the good workfriguy3 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to friguy3 Send a message via Yahoo to friguy3

You need to make sure you wait a minute or two and try doing a soft reset not by pushing the little button with the sylus. You can hold the power button and it will turn of then push it again...worked perfect. very cool, thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 01-25-2009, 02:30 PM
Almost a VIP

I think my build is too old.19208

Edit: Just updated to DCD 4.1.2 which is Build 21014 and the registry edit works like a charm. Much Thanks

Last edited by demonlordoftheround; 03-10-2009 at 04:27 PM.
Old 01-25-2009, 03:36 PM
tmz
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC EVO & Pro2
Carrier: sprint

tmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

hey guys, if any of you have sk tools, you can change your plug in lines to the same color as your today background theme. Only if it's a solid color. It works real well. Here's a couple screen shots. Hope it Helps.

Thanks T M Z
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screen01.jpg (15.6 KB, 37 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: jpg Screen02.jpg (19.5 KB, 26 views) Click for barcode!
Old 01-25-2009, 06:20 PM
iPhone Killer
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

dwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributions

I was bored so I made a cab file to preform the registry edit for you.
Enjoy,

dwizzy130
Attached Files
File Type: cab dwizzy130 Hide Plugin Seperators.cab (1.6 KB, 44 views) Click for barcode!

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-26-2009, 03:46 AM
LMG - GEEK, VIP!!!
Pocket PC: HTC TP Pro 2 (From HTC Touch Diamond)

lawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on replawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on replawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on replawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on replawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on replawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on replawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on replawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on replawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to lawmangrant Send a message via MSN to lawmangrant Send a message via Yahoo to lawmangrant Send a message via Skype™ to lawmangrant

Tired this on my test 800w, no dice.
PLAN:
Everything450, w/ unlimited mobile to mobile[B]

Need Dropbox? Use my referral here!
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Hacks/Tweaks