PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Hacks/Tweaks
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-01-2007, 06:19 AM
Lurker

ghostz28 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
broken screen, disable touchpad calibration?

I have a broken glass and touchscreen that I need to make due with until I can get the phone fixed. (how much will that be by the way?) I found a value in the registry about "touchpad calibration" but I dont know what to change the value to. The problem is that it went black screen on me so I hard reset it. Now, with the broken screen I cant get past the calibration so I cant make calls or anything! Any help would be awesome!
Old 07-01-2007, 11:05 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: PPC 6800 Mogul
Carrier: Sprint

tannis is a n00b
Send a message via ICQ to tannis Send a message via MSN to tannis Send a message via Yahoo to tannis
Broken LCD

Dear friend! Fear not I recently went through the same gut wrenching experiance. I busted my screen back in march and thought I would have to hock my phone on Ebay for spare parts... GO to Ebay and search on ppc6700 LCD make sure you get a replacement screen with digitizer and touch screen included (should be around $50 or so) Call sprint and add the total equpment protection plan. Take it to a corporate sprint store ( not an authorized reseller) and they will put the new part in your phone for you no extra charge.
Old 07-01-2007, 07:01 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

ghostz28 is a n00b
Actually the LCD is not the problem, It works but the glass is broken and the touchpad doesn't work. is there any quick way around this? or Am I not going to be able to make calls untill I pay to get it fixed. Today wasn't that big of a deal but I definitely need it to work on monday morning.
Old 07-01-2007, 07:06 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: PPC 6800 Mogul
Carrier: Sprint

tannis is a n00b
Send a message via ICQ to tannis Send a message via MSN to tannis Send a message via Yahoo to tannis
yea your pretty much hosed as far as getting the touchscreen w/o having to buy another lcd. the screen used in the Apache is also used in quite a few other phones worls wide so u might be able to get something out of your old lcd but i really think ur hosed as far as having a workable solution by the morning.
Old 07-08-2007, 05:27 AM
Lurker

xameius is a n00b
Make a file called WELCOME.NOT and put it in the root of the device and soft-reset.

You can still use activesync to explore your device if it's stuck on that screen.

Worked for me.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Hacks/Tweaks