PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Hacks/Tweaks
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-03-2009, 09:55 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC touch PRO
Carrier: Alltel

I-ron-ic-HTC is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Arrow need to boost " wireless speed on htc touch pro ?!

when i am useing the internet on my htc touch pro .. i am already useing the Rev A Icon on my phone .. but the net always seems a bit sluggy .. is there a way to speed it up... thanks

jayson
Old 01-03-2009, 10:16 PM
mcom
Pocket PC: Panther 850e, RhodiumW500, BlackBerry8220
Carrier: Telus & Rogers

briggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Re: need to boost " wireless speed on htc touch pro ?!

flash a new radio rom.
Old 01-03-2009, 10:36 PM
Let me count thy wounds
Pocket PC: Photon 4G
Carrier: Sprint

blasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIP
Send a message via AIM to blasphemous_prime Send a message via Yahoo to blasphemous_prime Send a message via Skype™ to blasphemous_prime

EvDO Rev. 0 is faster than Rev. A, so go to your dialer pad and hit ##778#, tap EDIT, and enter your 6-digit MSL code, and if you don't know your MSL code, install Baffles MSL Grabber (which is somewhere in the site, mainly the Software forum) which also doesn't run properly without .NetCF 3.5. And as soon as you got that part down, you can tap on where it says "View Info" and tap on "Data Parameters". Go to where it says "Rev A", tap and hold with the stylus, hit Edit and then Disable it. Hit "menu", OK, OK, and yes to reboot your devioce for changes to take effect.
If you are literally serving shit to American children, or knowingly spinning a wheel where it is not unlikely that you will eventually serve shit – if that’s your business model? Then I got no problems with a jury of your peers wiring your nuts to a car battery and feeding you the accumulated sweepings from the bottom of a monkey cage. In fact, I’ll hold the spoon.” -Ralph Dunlop-

Last edited by blasphemous_prime; 01-03-2009 at 10:39 PM.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 01-03-2009, 11:44 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro 2

JimSmith94 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularJimSmith94 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularJimSmith94 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularJimSmith94 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularJimSmith94 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by blasphemous_prime View Post
EvDO Rev. 0 is faster than Rev. A.
Is this true on Sprint as well?
Old 01-04-2009, 02:01 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

tenthirty2 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartenthirty2 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartenthirty2 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartenthirty2 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I thought Rev A was faster??? I know it is faster as far as UPLOADS go, but I thought it was faster on downloads as well? If not, then why is Alltel upgrading their network to Rev A? Actually, doesn't sound like an "upgrade" at all...

I was a member back when Wideawake was just Awake...
Old 01-04-2009, 02:10 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Palm Pre, Samsung Moment, Evo 4G soon

dabackwoodboy knows their stuffdabackwoodboy knows their stuffdabackwoodboy knows their stuffdabackwoodboy knows their stuffdabackwoodboy knows their stuffdabackwoodboy knows their stuffdabackwoodboy knows their stuff

i thought that to but i dont know enuff to debate this one thanx blasphemous
Old 01-04-2009, 09:30 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

I-ron-ic-HTC is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by blasphemous_prime View Post
EvDO Rev. 0 is faster than Rev. A, so go to your dialer pad and hit ##778#, tap EDIT, and enter your 6-digit MSL code, and if you don't know your MSL code, install Baffles MSL Grabber (which is somewhere in the site, mainly the Software forum) which also doesn't run properly without .NetCF 3.5. And as soon as you got that part down, you can tap on where it says "View Info" and tap on "Data Parameters". Go to where it says "Rev A", tap and hold with the stylus, hit Edit and then Disable it. Hit "menu", OK, OK, and yes to reboot your devioce for changes to take effect.
hey bro thanks for your advice ... ?? why would i change from Rev A to 0 the only other network is " rev a , Evdo and 1x in my area ....?? hope i am understanding you all corectly
Old 01-05-2009, 06:04 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

pdx77 knows their stuffpdx77 knows their stuffpdx77 knows their stuffpdx77 knows their stuffpdx77 knows their stuffpdx77 knows their stuff

Evdo Rev A is faster then rev 0, most CDMA carriers are upgrading from 0 to A. As far as speeding up your internet speeds, not much you can really do to be honest, it mostly depends on your location and how close you are to a tower, how many people are using the same tower, etc... as suggested you could flash to a different Radio, but even that doesn't really help too much.
This post has been thanked 5 times.
Old 01-05-2009, 09:28 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

I-ron-ic-HTC is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdx77 View Post
Evdo Rev A is faster then rev 0, most CDMA carriers are upgrading from 0 to A. As far as speeding up your internet speeds, not much you can really do to be honest, it mostly depends on your location and how close you are to a tower, how many people are using the same tower, etc... as suggested you could flash to a different Radio, but even that doesn't really help too much.

thanks guys ...

Last edited by I-ron-ic-HTC; 01-06-2009 at 02:00 AM.
Old 01-05-2009, 09:32 PM
The Hibster
Pocket PC: 3DDD :p
Carrier: Sprint 4g

hibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via AIM to hibby50 Send a message via MSN to hibby50

You could change the thing in ur epst which makes ur phone a higher priority on the tower (slot cycle ?????)

Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Hacks/Tweaks