PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Hacks/Tweaks

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-31-2009, 03:45 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Treo 800w
Carrier: Sprint

chefrobmiracle is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to chefrobmiracle
Thumbs up Re: Improve Wi-Fi Speed!

He there, found this one to. It works on the 800w to!!! when't from 1100-1200kbs to 1300-1400kbs on my home wifi running ComcastHighSpeed and a 2.4ghz 54mbps wifi router. Again sir nice find!!! TY

For when all you can do is just hold on!!!!
http://s176.photobucket.com/albums/w...X1000-ZX12.flv
Old 01-31-2009, 04:36 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

Mikelundi is a n00b
Send a message via MSN to Mikelundi Send a message via Yahoo to Mikelundi
Re: Improve Wi-Fi Speed!

It took me a few days to make a good assessment, but it would seem that there's no improved effect on the connection quality when using the phone as the modem, at least as far as this phone model is concerned.
Old 01-31-2009, 10:59 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

ivan1.ruiz is halfway to VIP status based on repivan1.ruiz is halfway to VIP status based on repivan1.ruiz is halfway to VIP status based on repivan1.ruiz is halfway to VIP status based on repivan1.ruiz is halfway to VIP status based on repivan1.ruiz is halfway to VIP status based on repivan1.ruiz is halfway to VIP status based on repivan1.ruiz is halfway to VIP status based on repivan1.ruiz is halfway to VIP status based on repivan1.ruiz is halfway to VIP status based on repivan1.ruiz is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Seems to be the same thing to me.. Like Juggalo_X said this only works with a device that is not already running at full speed. I installed it just for the heck of it and no difference at all.

Good idea tho. specially for Touch HD.

If I've helped you please remember to
click "THANKS" or click the button. Thanks!
Old 02-02-2009, 03:07 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC HD2
Carrier: T-Mobile USA

darnell knows their stuffdarnell knows their stuffdarnell knows their stuffdarnell knows their stuffdarnell knows their stuffdarnell knows their stuffdarnell knows their stuff
Thumbs up Re: Improve Wi-Fi Speed!

For anyone that does test this hack, it should be done with WLAN Power Save mode turned off.

The difference is seen when not very close to a WiFi access point. In areas further away from the access point, where you might get speeds that are less than optimal. Where switching to G if available would be of more benefit for its ability to provide bandwidth over a greater distance.

When testing at a distance, I've found there is a very noticeable increase in signal strength when using the G mode WiFi hack. There was not a benefit in terms of speed, but signal strength. I'd probably need to go far enough away to where the B signal was more greatly diminished and G could still reach more easily to see any speed benefits on G. But even at the distance I could go I saw the signal strength difference and that was very noticeable.

I'm going to keep using B mode but keep the hack on my MicroSD card. When in places where I'm having trouble getting a good WiFi connection, I may break it out to see if I can get a good G connection.
Old 02-09-2009, 05:25 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

Mikelundi is a n00b
Send a message via MSN to Mikelundi Send a message via Yahoo to Mikelundi

I took some bgiven advice and stepped up to a Touch Pro... I gotta say, I like it very much and I haven't even flashed it..
Old 03-07-2009, 11:34 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Epic 4G

Major_Nate knows their stuffMajor_Nate knows their stuffMajor_Nate knows their stuffMajor_Nate knows their stuffMajor_Nate knows their stuffMajor_Nate knows their stuff

very nice, thank you!

Service & Repair Questions? Check out this thread:
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=74927

Sprint/Nextel Service & Repair Technician

http://img162.imageshack.us/img162/6932/ubda1308kz0.gif
Don't forget to click on the "THANKS" button if I've helped you.
Old 04-02-2009, 04:06 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: VZW

vrzsuxppcrocks is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDiesel07 View Post
Here is a great tweak that speeds up your Wi-Fi.. It works by enabling the “g mode” of your device’s WLAN card (disabled by default on most devices). This hack has proven to improve Wi-Fi speeds by 3 times..

Iinstall the attached .CAB to the device, then soft reset. It will change the value of dot11SupportedRateMaskG from the default 4 (1 in some cases) to 8 inside HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\COMM\TNETWLN1\PARMS.
Note: Some devices don't have that structure in the registry. If it's your case, our cab will create it automatically.

I do not take credit for the creation of this.. I merely happened to find this at the site linked above and thought to post it here..
I want to try this cab fo my Xv6800(titan). I was wondering if this can can be unistalled. Also if whatever is created with this cab will be uninstalled or removed. and will this car mess up my phone in a way please let me know.
Old 04-03-2009, 06:22 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Tp2

AL_CAPONE_187 is becoming a great contributor

i will be checking this out later when on home computer. thank you for the post.
Old 11-13-2009, 03:19 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC TP

jswhite822 is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to jswhite822 Send a message via MSN to jswhite822 Send a message via Yahoo to jswhite822

I know this post is old but on my TP (which I just had replaced, so it's either new or refurbished) I have tested the phone with EVDO and WiFi in my home (with and without the update - no soft reset was even needed) and I've found considerable difference.

Using MobileSpeedTest the EVDO and WiFi speeds were basically equivalent at around 1500kbs (WiFi w/o update here):

Using the WiFi w/ the update I'm hovering over 4500kbs:

Old 11-13-2009, 09:23 PM
Big MVP Diesel
Pocket PC: TOUCH PRO 2
Threadstarter

BigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via AIM to BigDiesel07 Send a message via Skype™ to BigDiesel07

Quote:
Originally Posted by jswhite822 View Post
I know this post is old but on my TP (which I just had replaced, so it's either new or refurbished) I have tested the phone with EVDO and WiFi in my home (with and without the update - no soft reset was even needed) and I've found considerable difference.

Using MobileSpeedTest the EVDO and WiFi speeds were basically equivalent at around 1500kbs (WiFi w/o update here):

Using the WiFi w/ the update I'm hovering over 4500kbs:

wow... that is a lot quicker!
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Hacks/Tweaks