PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Hacks/Tweaks
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-12-2009, 04:00 PM
Big MVP Diesel
Pocket PC: TOUCH PRO 2
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

BigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to BigDiesel07 Send a message via Skype™ to BigDiesel07
Re: Improve Wi-Fi Speed!

No.. It should be safe on your phone... It creates a registry edit.. It seems to have caused no other problems for users.. It has caused no issues for me..
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-14-2009, 08:41 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: TouchPro

kccasey is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to kccasey Send a message via MSN to kccasey Send a message via Yahoo to kccasey

As for the WIFIrouter program does this basically take your EVDO Internet connection on the handset and then turn your phone into a Wifi Router that I could pick up from my laptop and use internet that way? i have installed but haven't been able to Test it.
Old 01-14-2009, 10:36 PM
Big MVP Diesel
Pocket PC: TOUCH PRO 2
Threadstarter

BigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via AIM to BigDiesel07 Send a message via Skype™ to BigDiesel07

I believe yes, that is what WIFIrouter does.. I am not certain though
Old 01-18-2009, 08:25 AM
i don't miss blackberry
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S3
Carrier: Sprint PCS

ou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuff

i love how people were all like "oh my god this is the shizzzle!!" and now everyone's all like "yeah, it works like .01 secs faster"... that placebo effect sure makes you look like an ******* sometimes lol
Old 01-21-2009, 11:37 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

Mikelundi is a n00b
Send a message via MSN to Mikelundi Send a message via Yahoo to Mikelundi

I'm still toying around with the 6700... So, the way I take this, in a nutshell.... My phone operates at 802.11b and I can't use this little program to bring me up to 802.11g because that would require a hardware upgrade, or rather.....a newer phone? I'm making this assuming assessment in regards to the WiFi Router, so that you know my frame of reference.
Old 01-22-2009, 12:22 AM
Oldguy
Pocket PC: Moto DROID
Carrier: vzw

nuguy knows their stuffnuguy knows their stuffnuguy knows their stuffnuguy knows their stuffnuguy knows their stuffnuguy knows their stuff

I used to use this on my 6700 - I would use sktools to enable 802.11g - it does speed something up even though I didn't have a g router speeds wer up and latency down.

At the very least enabling it does no harm, and from my testing back then it can open up a 6700. Test it out yourself...

p.s. I am not saying speeds will go into 802.11g speed range, just that you open up the pipe a bit.
Old 01-22-2009, 11:05 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

Mikelundi is a n00b
Send a message via MSN to Mikelundi Send a message via Yahoo to Mikelundi

Thanks for the advice. I'll keep using it to see if it's worth the few kbs it takes up. Also, I'll check out the SK Tools item that you made mention of.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-25-2009, 02:00 AM
Lurker

sinner1649 is a n00b

I installed this cab thinking I wouldn't see any results after reading the whole thread but what the heck might as well give it a whirl...I think it works. The main reason I say this is I have been messing around with skyfire and it seemed really choppy before I applied this. After I applied the cab skyfire worked very well. So i'm not sure if it helped with speeds but it definitely helped hold my connection better and streaming was flawless. Before the change skyfire would sit on loading forever for me before it would load pages, now it doesn't. You may not see the same results, it's just what I noticed. Thanks.

fyi..I have the AT&T Fuze(touch Pro)
Old 01-25-2009, 06:42 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC TouchPro 2
Carrier: Telus

O'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via MSN to O'Neil Mitchell Send a message via Yahoo to O'Neil Mitchell Send a message via Skype™ to O'Neil Mitchell

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDiesel07 View Post
Here is a great tweak that speeds up your Wi-Fi.. It works by enabling the “g mode” of your device’s WLAN card (disabled by default on most devices). This hack has proven to improve Wi-Fi speeds by 3 times..

Iinstall the attached .CAB to the device, then soft reset. It will change the value of dot11SupportedRateMaskG from the default 4 (1 in some cases) to 8 inside HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\COMM\TNETWLN1\PARMS.
Note: Some devices don't have that structure in the registry. If it's your case, our cab will create it automatically.

I do not take credit for the creation of this.. I merely happened to find this at the site linked above and thought to post it here..

My Wifi connection at home, is slow as ***. Hopefully this make a difference.
Old 01-30-2009, 07:50 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Desire
Carrier: Telus

apaquette0069 knows their stuffapaquette0069 knows their stuffapaquette0069 knows their stuffapaquette0069 knows their stuffapaquette0069 knows their stuffapaquette0069 knows their stuff

im pretty sure i can notice a difference in just surfing this site and xda thank you very much man
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Hacks/Tweaks