PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Hacks/Tweaks

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-16-2008, 09:20 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO/Inspire/TP2/Treo Pro
Carrier: Sprint/AT&T

4wheelfurry is keeping up the good work4wheelfurry is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Remove apps that won't completely remove

I have a few installed programs that I want to get completely off of my Vogue. When I go the the Remove Programs and remove them I get a notification that it wasn't completely removed and asks if I want to delete it from the list of installed programs. If I select Yes it will go away but come right back... I made sure they are not running and then using TotalCommander I searched and found/deleted all files I could find and also did the same in the registry with RegEdit. But all attempts to remove these apps fails, they will not go away! What to do next?? (Without doing a hard reset)
Old 12-16-2008, 03:42 PM
Big MVP Diesel
Pocket PC: TOUCH PRO 2
Carrier: Sprint

BigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via AIM to BigDiesel07 Send a message via Skype™ to BigDiesel07
Re: Remove apps that won't completely remove

Not sure... Good luck with finding a solution to your problem.. That is weird registry deletion and file deletion isnt working.. Besides a Hard Reset, not sure at all...
Old 12-16-2008, 05:24 PM
Post Master General
Pocket PC: White Evo: Myn's TPT RLS5, Stock Kernel
Carrier: The "NOW" Network

InvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributions

certain apps give me this same type of issue... i've narrowed it down to apps that runn on the today screen or TF3D... just uncheck them from the today screen in settings first... for others that dont use the today screen, i have no idea other than to make sure they're not running when trying to uninstall...

Best... Member... Ever...
Old 12-17-2008, 02:33 AM
The Inspector Mod
Pocket PC: EVO 3D

gadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4wheelfurry View Post
I have a few installed programs that I want to get completely off of my Vogue. When I go the the Remove Programs and remove them I get a notification that it wasn't completely removed and asks if I want to delete it from the list of installed programs. If I select Yes it will go away but come right back... I made sure they are not running and then using TotalCommander I searched and found/deleted all files I could find and also did the same in the registry with RegEdit. But all attempts to remove these apps fails, they will not go away! What to do next?? (Without doing a hard reset)
As weird as this may sound, to get rid of those programs, immediately reinstall them after you get that message, soft reset, and then go to your Remove Programs list and it should be gone. I don't know why it works, but it does....

WM 6.5 Taskbars | GadgetROM for Touch Diamond

Donations are always strictly voluntary and completely appreciated. Thank you!
Old 12-17-2008, 01:32 PM
Post Master General
Pocket PC: White Evo: Myn's TPT RLS5, Stock Kernel
Carrier: The "NOW" Network

InvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by gadgetfreak View Post
As weird as this may sound, to get rid of those programs, immediately reinstall them after you get that message, soft reset, and then go to your Remove Programs list and it should be gone. I don't know why it works, but it does....
hmm i'll try this next time i get one like that...
Old 04-12-2011, 05:53 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch

sountone is a n00b
Lightbulb Re: Remove apps that won't completely remove

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstoyguy View Post
Use your file explorer and delete the link located in the
\windows\start menu\programs folder.
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/htc-vogue/...ease-help.html

Last edited by sountone; 04-12-2011 at 05:55 AM. Reason: Edit HTML for Hyperlink
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Hacks/Tweaks