PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Hacks/Tweaks

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-24-2008, 12:54 AM
Lurker

rbevard is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Alarm Only

I use my 6700 as an alarm clock in the morning... my issue is that my only flip phone had an ALARM ONLY setting for all sounds meaning that the only noise the phone would make would be the alarm clock for whatever time it was set. im finding that the 6700 doesnt have that option.

i want to be able to use my 6700 as an alarm clock but not be disturbed by phone calls/sms/email thruout the night. I also do not want to turn off my phone bc is someone calls, i want to be able to see who it was the next morning... i set all incoming alerts on my phone to RING and VIBRATE and dont feel like messing with these settings either each night before bed.

any tweaks or suggestions or outside alarm clock that will accomplish this? again, i am looking for an ALARM ONLY setting when im asleep.

thanks.
Old 02-27-2008, 03:49 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: sprint Mogul

adfuture is a n00b
Post Re: Alarm Only

All U gotta do is tap the speaker icon, at the top right of the Today Screen, a pop up bubble containing 2 volume sliders and 3 check circles will appear....
NOTICE:
the 3 check circles are: 1.On 2.Vibrate 3.Off
the slider to the left is the overall sound volume... (ex: text msg/e-mail/phone alerts and sounds/etc.)
but the slider to the right is the actual phone ringer volume...
INSTRUCTIONS:
check the "On" circle then
move the slider on the right all the way down and left slider all the way up.... (now every sound except for the ringer will play)
now go Settings/Sounds & Notifications and uncheck the "play sounds" box for email, text msg, and any other sounds U don't want to here as U slumber.........Sleep Well!!!!!!!!.......Dont forget to reverse these settings when U awake, otherwise your ppc 6700 will be mute all day

Old 02-27-2008, 03:59 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: sprint Mogul

adfuture is a n00b
Post Re: Alarm Only

All U gotta do is tap the speaker icon, at the top right of the Today Screen, a pop up bubble containing 2 volume sliders and 3 check circles will appear....
NOTICE:
the slider to the left is the overall sound volume... (ex: text msg/e-mail/phone alerts and sounds/etc.)
INSTRUCTIONS:
move the slider on the right all the way down and left slider all the way up.... (now every sound except for the ringer will play)
now go Settings/Sounds & Notifications and uncheck the "play sounds" box for email, text msg, and any other sounds U don't want to here as U slumber.........Sleep Well!!!!!!!!.......Dont forget to reverse these settings when U awake, otherwise your ppc 6700 will be mute all day

Old 11-03-2008, 02:24 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: WM 6.5 Vogue and Android Vogue
Carrier: Sprint

natefish is becoming a great contributor
Re: Alarm Only

Quote:
Originally Posted by adfuture View Post
NOTICE:
INSTRUCTIONS:
This will not work for only alarm sounds. You will still get text, email, and all other sounds not call-related.

I use SPB Time. You can turn the phone to silent and set the alarm sound to "maximum" and it will sound the alarm despite the system settings. I think ActiveKitten Chronis does this as well.
Old 11-03-2008, 02:26 PM
The Hibster
Pocket PC: 3DDD :p
Carrier: Sprint 4g

hibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via AIM to hibby50 Send a message via MSN to hibby50
Re: Alarm Only

use g alarm, it will force the sounds if you check that box, or on the pro/diamond click you clock in manila and on the 3rd tab there is a setting

Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Hacks/Tweaks