PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Hacks/Tweaks
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-08-2008, 07:22 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

pdawg17 is keeping up the good workpdawg17 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Location of softkey settings?

I am having a problem where on soft reset my 700wx is showing "Messaging" and goes to the Outlook account selection instead of showing "SMS" and linking to messaging.exe (using threaded SMS app)...if I look at HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Today\Keys it shows the correct setting...

The strange thing is once I receive an incoming call or write a text message, it fixes itself when I close back to the desktop...are there other registry entries that can affect the softkeys? If not, how would the OS know to put "Messaging" when I changed it? Btw, when the phone first reboots and before it finishes loading it shows "SMS" correctly for left softkey and "Contacts" for the right softkey...at the point where the phone becomes responsive it switches to the above "Messaging" and "Menu"...

Last edited by pdawg17; 08-08-2008 at 07:29 PM.
Old 08-08-2008, 07:28 PM
SuperNoob
Pocket PC: iPhone 5s
Carrier: TMobile

rstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation level
Re: Location of softkey settings?

No doubt a mxip*.provxml or mxipupdate*.provxml file is fixing this for you. Sprint started using them heavily recently. These files will "repair" crucial registry entries upon soft/hard reset. The latest 6900 rom has them throughout to "keep things running" the way sprint intended too...

Find the guilty mxip*.* and edit out where it changes it...your registry location is correct...

Old 08-08-2008, 07:42 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

pdawg17 is keeping up the good workpdawg17 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstoyguy View Post
No doubt a mxip*.provxml or mxipupdate*.provxml file is fixing this for you. Sprint started using them heavily recently. These files will "repair" crucial registry entries upon soft/hard reset. The latest 6900 rom has them throughout to "keep things running" the way sprint intended too...

Find the guilty mxip*.* and edit out where it changes it...your registry location is correct...
It looks like there is no easy way to find out which one it is...is that correct? I guess I'd have to disable one at a time and see what happens?
Old 08-08-2008, 08:07 PM
SuperNoob
Pocket PC: iPhone 5s
Carrier: TMobile

rstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation level

Or just copy them all to your PC and view them with Notepad. (they all should be in \windows) They are just a text style .xml file, Just the naming of them makes windows "reload" them under certain conditions. Soft reset being yours it sounds like...
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Hacks/Tweaks