PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Hacks/Tweaks

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-19-2008, 07:13 PM
Lurker

motto_L is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
"tether" HTC touch Internet sharing not working after the new rom

Just got the new rom and my internet sharing stop working..anyone can help? wondering go to HKLM->software->OEM->Wmodem then set everything to zero will help..I guess I ask some expert here before I do anything

PS.After the new rom the internet sharing windows only got PC connection option instead of with network connection option as well...thanks in a million..
Old 07-19-2008, 07:40 PM
White Monster > Red Bull
Pocket PC: Clean S4 - Development stopped - xposed mod
Carrier: AT&T

thacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via AIM to thacounty Send a message via MSN to thacounty Send a message via Skype™ to thacounty
Re: "tether" HTC touch Internet sharing not working after the new rom

There is a registry edit you can do to get this working. It is around the forum.

From what I can remember you have to change some things that say Phone as modem to Sprint PCS and delete isext.dll.

I had the same problem though and had to reflash rom. It sucked, but was only way to get internet fully working.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-19-2008, 09:56 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

motto_L is a n00b

thanks thacounty...got it...I used to use USN modem on my Treo755p and I still have the Pdanet..but I think the IS seems little faster..what u think?
Old 07-28-2008, 05:51 PM
White Monster > Red Bull
Pocket PC: Clean S4 - Development stopped - xposed mod
Carrier: AT&T

thacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via AIM to thacounty Send a message via MSN to thacounty Send a message via Skype™ to thacounty

I aree that not using PDAnet and going with IS on my touch has really increased my download speeds.
Old 12-08-2009, 03:49 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Vogue
Carrier: Sprint

aven_soulgazer is a n00b

What rom are you running? I have Rom version 2.01.651.6 and whenever I try to make the reg changes it looks like they're changed but they go right back to phone as modem and I just can't seem to get it to change completely over to tether. I was tethering last night and happened to look at my signal and it said phone as modem so I'm likely to get hit with data charges I think. Any pointers on getting this to work? Thanks

Edit: I'm on Sprint with Touch Pro
Old 12-24-2009, 04:11 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc diamond touch
Carrier: sprint

nolig2278 is a n00b

i upgraded to the 2.xxxx rom from HTC for my diamond and can no longer tether. Anyone with advice. Please help. Thanks
Old 12-27-2009, 04:49 PM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)
Carrier: Sprint

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor
Wink Re: "tether" HTC touch Internet sharing not working after the new rom

Quote:
Originally Posted by aven_soulgazer View Post
What rom are you running? I have Rom version 2.01.651.6 and whenever I try to make the reg changes it looks like they're changed but they go right back to phone as modem and I just can't seem to get it to change completely over to tether. I was tethering last night and happened to look at my signal and it said phone as modem so I'm likely to get hit with data charges I think. Any pointers on getting this to work? Thanks

Edit: I'm on Sprint with Touch Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by nolig2278 View Post
i upgraded to the 2.xxxx rom from HTC for my diamond and can no longer tether. Anyone with advice. Please help. Thanks
On the updated TP and Diamond ROMs the CMGuardian file resets the reg edits that you make for tethering. I recommend you use shaggylive's CMKiller to allow the reg edits to stick. Here's a link to it:

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?p=1203597

Hope that helps!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Hacks/Tweaks