PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   Windows Mobile Hacks/Tweaks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   Disconnect sound when u hang up call ..??? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=31498)

itouch24 07-09-2008 01:22 PM

Disconnect sound when u hang up call ..???

Is thre a tweak that can be done to play an audible sound when the call has been disconnected?

i hear a noise when the call is dropped on my htc touch vogue but i want to be able to hear a sound to make sure that the call disconnects when i hit the end button .. possible ... or is there an application out there that provides this option?

thanks in advance

jossicruz 07-13-2008 02:10 PM

Re: Disconnect sound when u hang up call ..???

I have been looking for something like that for a long time. As far as I know there are no registry tweaks or CAB's available that can accomplish this.

rstoyguy 07-13-2008 02:25 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by itouch24 (Post 341475)
Is thre a tweak that can be done to play an audible sound when the call has been disconnected?

i hear a noise when the call is dropped on my htc touch vogue but i want to be able to hear a sound to make sure that the call disconnects when i hit the end button .. possible ... or is there an application out there that provides this option?

thanks in advance

Windows does play a sound when ending a call. It is found here:

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\ControlPanel\Sounds\Ending]
"Script"="p"
"Sound"="Midi2Wave_079_4098.wav"

As long as you keep it a .wav file, you could substitute any file. Like this is the sound I have out of the diamond rom....

And also change:

"Sound"="Alarm-Positive.wav"

Check out my sound tutorial for more info, but that should do ya!

Edit: and drop the .wav file of choice into the \windows directory on your device...

EditEdit: And it plays everytime you hit the end button, only louder when not in a call... :)

itouch24 07-13-2008 03:32 PM

wow thank u thank u so much...
i did the change ... i hear the sound but it just pauses for a quick millisec in the middle of the sound.. any reason why it isnt smooth ...?

rstoyguy 07-13-2008 03:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by itouch24 (Post 345792)
wow thank u thank u so much...
i did the change ... i hear the sound but it just pauses for a quick millisec in the middle of the sound.. any reason why it isnt smooth ...?

Try adjusting the delay for the end key here:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\HTC\Phone\PhoneExtendS etting]
"EndCallTime"=dword:50

You can set it down to zero. This is the delay, that when you press the end button, how long until the phone ends the call. By default it is 3 seconds. For the registry value 1000 = 1 second

itouch24 07-14-2008 03:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rstoyguy (Post 345801)
Try adjusting the delay for the end key here:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\HTC\Phone\PhoneExtendS etting]
"EndCallTime"=dword:50

You can set it down to zero. This is the delay, that when you press the end button, how long until the phone ends the call. By default it is 3 seconds. For the registry value 1000 = 1 second

i tried this great suggestion but i only make it up to the phone folder... under the phone folder there is only an areaCode folder. i am on a cdma htc touch....if that matters.... there is no PhoneExtendSetting .....?

what is used for the volume setting for this?. i wish it was as loud as when i hit the end button when i am not on a call

itouch24 07-16-2008 09:13 AM

can i just set it up that it vibrates on disconnect?

m_reyna_16 07-18-2008 01:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by itouch24 (Post 346889)
i tried this great suggestion but i only make it up to the phone folder... under the phone folder there is only an areaCode folder. i am on a cdma htc touch....if that matters.... there is no PhoneExtendSetting .....?

what is used for the volume setting for this?. i wish it was as loud as when i hit the end button when i am not on a call

THIS IS THE KEY.....

End Key Timing
This edit will change the time between pressing the "End Key" and actually ending the call. It is originally 3 seconds, and you can change it to any number, including 0 for NO DELAY
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE>>Software>>HTC>>PHONE
PhoneExtendSetting <<-- YOU WILL HAVE TO ADD THIS KEY
ADD the dword EndCallTime and make the value 1000 (one second) or 0 (no delay)

rstoyguy 07-18-2008 07:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by itouch24 (Post 348828)
can i just set it up that it vibrates on disconnect?

I already answered this for ya but I want to share with everyone else...
Make the following change to this key:

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\ControlPanel\Sounds\Ending]
"Script"="pv2"
"Sound"="hanguptone.mp3"

Edit the "Script" value so it is "pv2"; p=play sound, v2=vibrate for 2 seconds...
When you end a call, press the end key twice. The phone won't vibrate on the first press (just processes sound), but it will react on the second press. When it processes the second press, the phone will play the sound and vibrate.

As a note, need a louder sound? The "Sound" value can also handle MP3 sounds! Just put in a louder ringtone!