PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Hacks/Tweaks
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-31-2008, 02:41 PM
Livin' Dangerously
Pocket PC: Evo!/TOUCHPRO2/ ALSO TOUCH PRO
Carrier: PPCGEEKS SPRINT JUST HELPS ME CALL PEOPLE.
Threadstarter

SBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to SBR_L3GION Send a message via Yahoo to SBR_L3GION
Re: How To: Registry edit to .cab

Quote:
Originally Posted by VizionForever View Post
Does active sync save/edit some settings in the registry? Only reason I ask is I recenlty used a 6.0 activesync on a 6.1 rom and now a reg entry forceconnection is completely gone? BTW I plan to use you Program Looks sweet! If you do alot of cooking...
that i dont know much about im a vista user and and i wmdc for activesync and now all i really use activesync for is for files i keep my contacts on my card with PIM backup its much easier and yes i do a lot of cooking. honestly in the past week i must have made atleast 40 ROMs and flashed about 3/4 of that. sorry i havent gotten to the advanced tutorial yet but my ROM has kept me very very busy.

If I have helped you out or you enjoy my work please feel free to donate.

Helpful ROM cooking Info

How To: Registry edit to .cab
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-14-2009, 10:22 PM
Big MVP Diesel
Pocket PC: TOUCH PRO 2
Carrier: Sprint

BigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via AIM to BigDiesel07 Send a message via Skype™ to BigDiesel07

Great post!
Old 06-12-2009, 04:05 AM
Super Senior VIP Member
Pocket PC: Nexus 6p
Carrier: Att StraightTalk

psycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via MSN to psycho_maniac Send a message via Skype™ to psycho_maniac

would i be beating a dead horse if i asked for help about this? well i found this: http://forums.wmexperts.com/showthread.php?t=161254 im not gonna pay 100 dollars for a app for my phone
i would be able to flash a new rom faster if i could make my regedits into a cab file. i want all my reg edits in one cab. now a million cabs.
Old 06-20-2009, 11:45 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

sparkplug619 is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuLuTheMonk View Post
How do you include more than one registry edit into one cab?

I was just able to create a cab to make this reg edit:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\GDI\GLYPHCACHE\limit
8192 -> 16384

How would I create a cab that incorporates more than just one reg edit such as the above reg edit and:
HKLM\System\StorageManager\FATFS\CacheSize
0 -> 8192

What happens if the changed registry is a registry that you have deleted?
For example:
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Comm\InternetSharing]
"Extension"="rilphone.dll"

As there is no key to highlight in order to export?
hey lulu sry im late with this post but

i have tested this method on my ppc and everything reads ok

what i did was export each of my registry edits to seperate rgu files and then imported all of the rgus into 1 big rgu and then converted it to a cab

so basically you export your registry edits and merge them all into 1 big rgu and then convert to cab

you might want to wait for someone to confirm how safe this is although it worked well with my registry

Old 06-25-2009, 11:03 PM
Still a Geek
Pocket PC: GalaxyS Fascinate; Bold 9650 on the shelf incase!
Carrier: VZW/Sprint

eenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuLuTheMonk View Post

How would I create a cab that incorporates more than just one reg edit such as the above reg edit and:
HKLM\System\StorageManager\FATFS\CacheSize
0 -> 8192

What happens if the changed registry is a registry that you have deleted?
For example:
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Comm\InternetSharing]
"Extension"="rilphone.dll"

As there is no key to highlight in order to export?
what I've done for this is go back to the main key.. HKLM\Comm\InternetSharing and export that.. it will keep all the current settings for the entire key, which essentially records what is no longer there.

BrennB
Old 06-29-2009, 03:46 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC TouchPro2 CDMA
Carrier: Alltel (Verizon)

codybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIP

This is an awesome tutorial, it'll help a bunch of people.
Thanks for this!

I personally use WinCeCabManager,
it's quite amazing.
But I use a portable version.
Old 06-29-2009, 08:16 PM
Back
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: VZW

redd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the community

i usually never visit this forum but this was a very helpful post. thanx for this!!!
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Hacks/Tweaks