PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Hacks/Tweaks
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-11-2008, 10:41 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Sprint TP2
Carrier: Sprint SERO

sc00b4s7eve is a VIPsc00b4s7eve is a VIPsc00b4s7eve is a VIPsc00b4s7eve is a VIPsc00b4s7eve is a VIPsc00b4s7eve is a VIPsc00b4s7eve is a VIPsc00b4s7eve is a VIPsc00b4s7eve is a VIPsc00b4s7eve is a VIPsc00b4s7eve is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Any Pocket IE tweaks?

Hey peeplz. Just wondering if there is any way to reg edit the way PIE/Mobile IE scrolls on my Mogul? I hate that it jumps a full screen when I scroll past the top or bottom of the page. Maybe so that it jumps 1/2 page or just simply doesn't jump at all, just continues to scroll line by line.
I have 4-way navigation enabled in Schaps config and I like being able to scroll wheel thru the links.
PIEplus did not work well at all and spb Pocket plus's smartscrolling is awesome but my fat fingers can't click the links with the font size on smallest. I think it formats the pages better.
Any Ideas? PIEplus came out so I know I'm not the only one this annnoys.
Old 06-13-2008, 09:52 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

sc00b4s7eve is a VIPsc00b4s7eve is a VIPsc00b4s7eve is a VIPsc00b4s7eve is a VIPsc00b4s7eve is a VIPsc00b4s7eve is a VIPsc00b4s7eve is a VIPsc00b4s7eve is a VIPsc00b4s7eve is a VIPsc00b4s7eve is a VIPsc00b4s7eve is a VIP
Re: Any Pocket IE tweaks?

No one?
Just me then?
Old 06-15-2008, 08:00 PM
Bringer of Good Things
Pocket PC: HTC TITAN
Carrier: AT&T

GoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Re: Any Pocket IE tweaks?

I'm not quite sure I understand what you're describing.

When I'm in PIE (no plugins, no reghacks), if I scroll using the scrollbar arrows, it more or less goes line by line. If I click directly on a space on the scrollbar it goes one screen-full (one "page") at a time. If I click on the scrollbar itself, it goes however I drag it. This applies to horizontal and vertical scrolling. In any case, I don't know of any registry hacks to change this behavior, and a quick search didn't really reveal anything useful either.

Now that said, I do use a reghack to make the scrollbars slightly thicker so they are more finger friendly.

In the registry, go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\GWE and change the cxHScr, cxVScr, cyHScr, and cyVScr values to something between 16-20 (decimal) based on your preferences. I have all 4 set for 20 (0x000014) and don't find them to be too obnoxious.

As for PIE Plus with Spb Pocket Plus, I like the smart scrolling as well, but I don't see how that has any connection with text size. In PIE, click Menu > View > Text Size > Larger or whatever is your preference and that should alleviate the "fat finger" issue (I often have the same problem, so I usually keep it on Larger).

Anyway, hope this helps a little bit. Sorry for the lack of response earlier.
Old 06-16-2008, 01:50 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Thanks for the response.
Most of that I have messed around with, although I did forget the reg entries for the scrollbars, thnx. I like to set mine down to 8 & 9 with 20 sized arrows, more screen for me : )
See, the thing is I would much rather use the keyboard (tab) as well as not use the stylus as much as possible that's why smartscrolling is so helpful. Just personal pref I guess.

The main thing I was trying to describe in that slight ramble I call my first post is I'm curious about changing the way PIE jumps a full page while using the d-pad or scrollwheel. You know how opera mini scrolls line by line when you scrollwheel past the bottom of the page? That's what I would rather have IE do instead when I'm using the scrollwheel/d-pad. Most of the time when IE jumps that full page a line gets lost when it moves from the bottom to the top of the screen. Thanks again.

Last edited by sc00b4s7eve; 06-16-2008 at 01:57 PM.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Hacks/Tweaks