PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Hacks/Tweaks

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-15-2008, 07:48 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G
Carrier: Sprint

JUSTinOC is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Duplicate Ringers?

I noticed that when i go to choose a ringer, there are like 3 or 4 of the same listed. Mainly basic ones like "Ringer 1", "Ringer 2" etc... I could only find (let's use Ringer 2 for example) in one location. Starage card. Which I just realized and will move it onto main memory. However I failed to find the duplicate file. I'm guessing it's in the registry somewhere duplicated. Any Ideas?
Old 05-15-2008, 08:20 PM
SuperNoob
Pocket PC: iPhone 5s
Carrier: TMobile

rstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation level
Re: Duplicate Ringers?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JUSTinOC View Post
I noticed that when i go to choose a ringer, there are like 3 or 4 of the same listed. Mainly basic ones like "Ringer 1", "Ringer 2" etc... I could only find (let's use Ringer 2 for example) in one location. Starage card. Which I just realized and will move it onto main memory. However I failed to find the duplicate file. I'm guessing it's in the registry somewhere duplicated. Any Ideas?
Windows looks in \Windows, \My Documents, \My Documents\My Ringtones, \Windows\Rings. So yeah, you could have duplicates. The above is based off WM6.1 btw....And file types can be WAV, MP3, MP4, WMA, and 3GP (sound only).

WM5 is \windows and \my documents, and wav, mp3, wma....Any additions anyone?

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-15-2008, 09:53 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

JUSTinOC is a n00b

Sweet! found duplicates in a few of those folders. Thanks. However...new issue now...there is dups in the windows folder but I can't delete em. write protected? there a way to make them NOT protected?
Old 05-15-2008, 10:02 PM
The Pusher Man
Pocket PC: BB
Carrier: Sprint - Simply Everything

Lsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Try and delete them with Total Commander: Commonly requested & popular software.
Old 05-15-2008, 10:07 PM
SuperNoob

rstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Sweet! found duplicates in a few of those folders. Thanks. However...new issue now...there is dups in the windows folder but I can't delete em. write protected? there a way to make them NOT protected?
They are cooked into your rom. It's tricky to delete the ones in \windows. Depends on your rom, files get copied from \windows to the appropriate directory with a file called initflashfiles.txt (in oem's), and all those get appended to initflashfiles.dat when you build your rom. It all depends on what rom your using. I delete most ringers out of my rom pre-flash and have made a custom oem to set my sounds, and copy the ringer/notification sound files to where I want them.

Edit: initflashfiles.dat is a text file, I would not do any edits to this file but I learned a few things viewing it. old_man_jenkins said that was a bad idea as he tried it....

Last edited by rstoyguy; 05-15-2008 at 10:14 PM.
Old 05-15-2008, 10:32 PM
SuperNoob

While we're on the topic and we're in the registry thread here are my examples of setting the sounds and my initflashfiles.txt in an oem. Just for fun!

Code:
REGEDIT 4
;Custom ringer/sound selections

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\ControlPanel\Notifications\{A877D659-239C-47a7-9304-0D347F580408}]
;"Default"="ActiveSynce: Begin Sync"
"wave"="\\Windows\\sfs-Device connected to active-sync!.mp3"
"Options"=dword:1
[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\ControlPanel\Notifications\{A877D658-239C-47a7-9304-0D347F580408}]
;"Default"="ActiveSynce: End Sync"
"wave"="\\Windows\\sfs-Device disconnected from active-sync!.mp3"
[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\ControlPanel\Notifications\{A877D65A-239C-47a7-9304-0D347F580408}]
;"Default"="Msg: New E-Mail Message"
"wave"="\\Windows\\sfs-New e mail has arrived!.mp3"
[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\ControlPanel\Notifications\{A877D65B-239C-47a7-9304-0D347F580408}]
;"Default"="Msg: New Text Message"
"wave"="\\Windows\\txtmsgbos.mp3"
[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\ControlPanel\Sounds\RingTone0]
;set ringer
"Sound"="\\my documents\\bennyhill.mp3"
Code:

;*******************************************************
;initflashes.txt created with packages generator by ervius!!!
;package: sounds_fonts

Directory("\My Documents"):-File("BennyHill.mp3","\windows\000-BennyHill.mp3")
Directory("\My Documents"):-File("broncos.tsk","\windows\000-broncos.tsk")
Directory("\My Documents"):-File("mars.tsk","\windows\000-mars.tsk")
Directory("\My Documents"):-File("Sunset.tsk","\windows\000-Sunset.tsk")

;Help files:
;end of package: sounds_fonts
;*******************************************************
Old 05-16-2008, 12:15 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

JUSTinOC is a n00b

ok...that blows...how would I go about getting rid of these with the next rom?
Old 05-16-2008, 12:37 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

JUSTinOC is a n00b

Kinda Like Total Commander though. Thanks Lsme420! And thanks for pointing me to the ringer folders rstoyguy.
Old 05-16-2008, 07:53 AM
SuperNoob

Quote:
ok...that blows...how would I go about getting rid of these with the next rom?
if you use the ppckitchen, they can be deleted from
Titan_No2Chem_5060_WM6.1.rar\OEM\OEMAPPS_HTC_Ringt ones. That would probably be a question for the mogul upgrade thread, and of course check out my rom tutorial in my signature. You can also remove individual files this way. You just have to find the kitchen varient for the mogul.

Last edited by rstoyguy; 05-16-2008 at 07:59 AM.
Old 05-16-2008, 09:44 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

JUSTinOC is a n00b

sounds like a project...thanks
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Hacks/Tweaks