PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   Windows Mobile Hacks/Tweaks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   Duplicate Ringers? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=26688)

JUSTinOC 05-15-2008 07:48 PM

Duplicate Ringers?

I noticed that when i go to choose a ringer, there are like 3 or 4 of the same listed. Mainly basic ones like "Ringer 1", "Ringer 2" etc... I could only find (let's use Ringer 2 for example) in one location. Starage card. Which I just realized and will move it onto main memory. However I failed to find the duplicate file. I'm guessing it's in the registry somewhere duplicated. Any Ideas? :scratch:

rstoyguy 05-15-2008 08:20 PM

Re: Duplicate Ringers?

Quote:

Originally Posted by JUSTinOC (Post 284463)
I noticed that when i go to choose a ringer, there are like 3 or 4 of the same listed. Mainly basic ones like "Ringer 1", "Ringer 2" etc... I could only find (let's use Ringer 2 for example) in one location. Starage card. Which I just realized and will move it onto main memory. However I failed to find the duplicate file. I'm guessing it's in the registry somewhere duplicated. Any Ideas? :scratch:

Windows looks in \Windows, \My Documents, \My Documents\My Ringtones, \Windows\Rings. So yeah, you could have duplicates. The above is based off WM6.1 btw....And file types can be WAV, MP3, MP4, WMA, and 3GP (sound only).

WM5 is \windows and \my documents, and wav, mp3, wma....Any additions anyone? :)

JUSTinOC 05-15-2008 09:53 PM

Sweet! found duplicates in a few of those folders. Thanks. However...new issue now...there is dups in the windows folder but I can't delete em. write protected? there a way to make them NOT protected?

Lsme420 05-15-2008 10:02 PM

Try and delete them with Total Commander: Commonly requested & popular software.

rstoyguy 05-15-2008 10:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JUSTinOC (Post 284593)
Sweet! found duplicates in a few of those folders. Thanks. However...new issue now...there is dups in the windows folder but I can't delete em. write protected? there a way to make them NOT protected?

They are cooked into your rom. It's tricky to delete the ones in \windows. Depends on your rom, files get copied from \windows to the appropriate directory with a file called initflashfiles.txt (in oem's), and all those get appended to initflashfiles.dat when you build your rom. It all depends on what rom your using. I delete most ringers out of my rom pre-flash and have made a custom oem to set my sounds, and copy the ringer/notification sound files to where I want them.

Edit: initflashfiles.dat is a text file, I would not do any edits to this file but I learned a few things viewing it. old_man_jenkins said that was a bad idea as he tried it....

rstoyguy 05-15-2008 10:32 PM

While we're on the topic and we're in the registry thread here are my examples of setting the sounds and my initflashfiles.txt in an oem. Just for fun!

Code:

REGEDIT 4
;Custom ringer/sound selections

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\ControlPanel\Notifications\{A877D659-239C-47a7-9304-0D347F580408}]
;"Default"="ActiveSynce: Begin Sync"
"wave"="\\Windows\\sfs-Device connected to active-sync!.mp3"
"Options"=dword:1
[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\ControlPanel\Notifications\{A877D658-239C-47a7-9304-0D347F580408}]
;"Default"="ActiveSynce: End Sync"
"wave"="\\Windows\\sfs-Device disconnected from active-sync!.mp3"
[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\ControlPanel\Notifications\{A877D65A-239C-47a7-9304-0D347F580408}]
;"Default"="Msg: New E-Mail Message"
"wave"="\\Windows\\sfs-New e mail has arrived!.mp3"
[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\ControlPanel\Notifications\{A877D65B-239C-47a7-9304-0D347F580408}]
;"Default"="Msg: New Text Message"
"wave"="\\Windows\\txtmsgbos.mp3"
[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\ControlPanel\Sounds\RingTone0]
;set ringer
"Sound"="\\my documents\\bennyhill.mp3"

Code:

;*******************************************************
;initflashes.txt created with packages generator by ervius!!!
;package: sounds_fonts

Directory("\My Documents"):-File("BennyHill.mp3","\windows\000-BennyHill.mp3")
Directory("\My Documents"):-File("broncos.tsk","\windows\000-broncos.tsk")
Directory("\My Documents"):-File("mars.tsk","\windows\000-mars.tsk")
Directory("\My Documents"):-File("Sunset.tsk","\windows\000-Sunset.tsk")

;Help files:
;end of package: sounds_fonts
;*******************************************************

JUSTinOC 05-16-2008 12:15 AM

ok...that blows...how would I go about getting rid of these with the next rom?

JUSTinOC 05-16-2008 12:37 AM

Kinda Like Total Commander though. Thanks Lsme420! And thanks for pointing me to the ringer folders rstoyguy. :headbang:

rstoyguy 05-16-2008 07:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JUSTinOC (Post 284716)
ok...that blows...how would I go about getting rid of these with the next rom?

if you use the ppckitchen, they can be deleted from
Titan_No2Chem_5060_WM6.1.rar\OEM\OEMAPPS_HTC_Ringt ones. That would probably be a question for the mogul upgrade thread, and of course check out my rom tutorial in my signature. You can also remove individual files this way. You just have to find the kitchen varient for the mogul.

JUSTinOC 05-16-2008 09:44 AM

sounds like a project...thanks