PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Hacks/Tweaks
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-02-2007, 03:36 AM
The Enforcer
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G, ViewSonic gTablet, BB Bold 9650
Carrier: Sprint

Pibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Help Needed! Screenshots of your Registry

A while back I expressed that my device had issues with the PIE User Agent. Even though I have never used any software to make PIE look like IE6 for websites, it seems to be set up that way. For example, if I go to Google.com on my 700wx I get regular Google, instead of mobile Google.

So if anyone has; preferably a stock, recently hard reset, or not hacked this option; I would really appreciate screenshots of the following registry sections:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Curr entVersion\Internet Settings\5.0\User Agent

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Curr entVersion\Internet Settings\5.0\User Agent\Post Platform

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Curr entVersion\Internet Settings\5.0\User Agent\Templates

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Curr entVersion\Internet Settings\5.0\User Agent\Templates\Same as Pocket PC

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Curr entVersion\Internet Settings\5.0\User Agent\Templates\Same as Windows XP

I know it's a lot to ask... but if anyone can help me out I'd really appreciate it!

---
Don't forget to Search first!
Old 02-02-2007, 12:57 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: iPhone 6+
Carrier: AT&T

JackSchitt28 is keeping up the good workJackSchitt28 is keeping up the good work
i have a completely stock ROM with no modifications to PIE, hope it helps.

if you need any other pics just let me know.

Old 02-02-2007, 02:11 PM
The Enforcer
Threadstarter

Pibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIP
That it is awesome and it helps a lot!!!

I have found 2 'discrepancies' however, I noticed you have a PPC-6700 so I don't want to change them until I can confirm with someone with a Treo 700wx.

Could someone with 700wx post screenshots to:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Curr entVersion\Internet Settings\5.0\User Agent

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Curr entVersion\Internet Settings\5.0\User Agent\Post Platform

The differences from the screenshots are the following. On the first string, the screenshot has an entry that is: Default - Mozilla/4.0 - my device has the same entry but (Default) is in parenthesis, so I don't know if that can influence it.

Then on the second string you have an entry that says: Sprint:PPC-6700 and on my device I only have that says: (Default) - ValueNotSet. It would obviously have to be different from PPC-6700, but maybe it's correct. I just need to confirm with anyone that has a 700wx with a working PIE as mobile browser.

Thank you very much! This has helped a lot!!!
Old 02-02-2007, 02:20 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: iPhone 6+
Carrier: AT&T

JackSchitt28 is keeping up the good workJackSchitt28 is keeping up the good work
if you had posted this last night when my friend was here i could have got pics from his 700wx. i did'nt see where you had the 700wx, but either way. if i can get in touch with him today and borrow his phone, i will post pics if nobody else does by then.
Old 02-03-2007, 02:43 PM
The Enforcer
Threadstarter

Noone with a 700w/wx able to provide these 2 screenshots?
Old 02-03-2007, 04:39 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Motorola Photon & Bravo
Carrier: Sprint & AT&T PAYG

budney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Yahoo to budney
Hope this helps!

http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n...1249020923.gif http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n...1249020658.gif
Old 02-05-2007, 07:16 PM
The Enforcer
Threadstarter

It does thank you!

My reg keys are the same... I really don't understand why my PIE does not identify itself as PIE but as IE to websites.
Old 02-05-2007, 10:26 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Motorola Photon & Bravo
Carrier: Sprint & AT&T PAYG

budney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Yahoo to budney
That is the way it is supposed to be. That is the big reason I don't like PIE, very few mobile/wap sites work with it. Their is a hack to make PIE more mobile/wap friendly, but then you will have trouble with regular sites. This is why I love Opera it dose a great job with both types of pages.
Old 06-15-2007, 12:53 PM
The Enforcer
Threadstarter

This is so weird... this issue had solved itself, I don't know how but PIE was working as intended, as PIE.

Now, out of the blue... nothing has really changed that I know of, and now PIE is acting as IE again.

*ugh*

Old 06-15-2007, 04:51 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint

sfld is keeping up the good worksfld is keeping up the good work
i dunno if this helps.. in pie plus you have the option of setting how it views sites such as pie default.. ie 5.5... ie 6.0... if you ever installed that, that might be your problem maybe the settings stuck
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Hacks/Tweaks