PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   Windows Mobile Hacks/Tweaks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   Tower Hack? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=21299)

dearls 03-14-2008 02:33 PM

Tower Hack?

I live out in a rural area and dont get the EVDO at home mainly just stays in 1X which does pretty good I think(better than reg dialup still) But still not the speeds I could achieve for what I am paying for. Is there a way to hack/see etc. Sprint/Cingular/someones towers instead of verizon while I am at home for faster speeds? thanks in advance

blasphemous_prime 03-14-2008 02:37 PM

Re: Tower Hack?

](*,)***bump***](*,)

dearls 03-14-2008 02:42 PM

Whats with the bump? asking a question that someone might have an answer to. If your dont have the answer, then why waste time ****tin with people and get lost and dont post to my thread!

blasphemous_prime 03-14-2008 02:46 PM

i do apologize for not having a specific answer, but if i knew, i would have an answer for ya, but i will indeed ask around and report back to ya once i have an answer. it is the first time i heard this question before, but the first thing i would try is wifi to get to an unsecure network at home for now. i do it all the time in case i get 1X coverage on occasion, but i'll still look into the tower thing which could be a bit more complicated.

shaggylive 03-14-2008 02:47 PM

you might want to check over @ sprintusers.com for that kind of info.

I think b-prime was only trying to indicate he was looking for similar info, can he have his head back now? . lol

shaggylive 03-14-2008 02:49 PM

edited reference above to correct addy

Theh8ter 03-14-2008 02:51 PM

He just "bump"ed this thread to keep it on the first page so others see it. He was doing you a favor.

blasphemous_prime 03-14-2008 02:55 PM

it works magic half the time. that's something i usually don't do most of the time, but it delivered a bit of a spark.

dearls 03-14-2008 03:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blasphemous_prime (Post 218027)
i do apologize for not having a specific answer, but if i knew, i would have an answer for ya, but i will indeed ask around and report back to ya once i have an answer. it is the first time i heard this question before, but the first thing i would try is wifi to get to an unsecure network at home for now. i do it all the time in case i get 1X coverage on occasion, but i'll still look into the tower thing which could be a bit more complicated.

](*,)
Thank you for the info this time and I am still learning and did not know that the bump meant to move it up I thought you meant bump it out of listing and I apologize for that... I do have Wifi at home setup now and at work as well but it would just be nice to get to other towers anywhere in my area, plus wifi just eats up battery life and all
thanks again :)

Cabbie 03-14-2008 07:12 PM

wow thats crazy