PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Hacks/Tweaks

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-07-2008, 07:55 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch
Carrier: Sprint

Carloscda39 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
# of rings b4 Answering machine picks up..

Is their anyway to change the # of rings b4 the machine picks up
on HTC Touch?

Thanks in advanced!
Old 03-07-2008, 08:20 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: touch pro, tp2, epic, evo x2
Carrier: D/\SH_SPEED

D/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Re: # of rings b4 Answering machine picks up..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carloscda39 View Post
Is their anyway to change the # of rings b4 the machine picks up
on HTC Touch?

Thanks in advanced!
beeen discussed you need to get your msl from sprint than you dial ##778# and than go to edit, enter the msl and then change the SCI (slot cycle index from 2 to 1 or 0 like i use) than click save and reset upon prompt.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-07-2008, 09:21 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO 4G

THunDA is becoming a PPCGeeks regularTHunDA is becoming a PPCGeeks regularTHunDA is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt19 View Post
beeen discussed you need to get your msl from sprint than you dial ##778# and than go to edit, enter the msl and then change the SCI (slot cycle index from 2 to 1 or 0 like i use) than click save and reset upon prompt.
I thought that feature was about how fast the phone polls the tower to check for calls. The lower the number the quicker your phone starts to ring when someone calls. I could be wrong but this is what I understand from reading around.
Quote:
In CDMA what is meant by "slot cycle index"?

A 2.1 [Credit: Bill Walker]
On the CDMA Paging Channel (this is the shared channel that all phones listen to for incoming calls and other control info), time is divided into "slots". To conserve power, phones that are currently idle only "wake up" and listen for messages on the Paging Channel during their assigned slots. The slot cycle index determines how often the phone's slot comes around. If the slot cycle index is 0, the phone wakes up every 1.28 seconds. If it's one, it wakes up every 2.56 seconds. If it's two, it's every 5.12 seconds, and so on. The larger the setting, the more power is conserved, but the longer it takes to page the phone for an incoming call. You can imagine that if it were set to 10.24 seconds, few callers would hang on the line long enough for you to answer your phone.

There are two settings that govern this. One is the "preferred slot cycle index" in the phone, and can be set via service programming. The other is the "maximum slot cycle index" set in the base station and broadcast in overhead messages on the Paging Channel. The phone has to use whichever number is smaller.
http://www.cellinkgy.com/references.html

I think Carloscda39 wants to make his phone ring longer (or shorter) before voicemail picks up. In that case, im pretty sure that customer service can do that if you call them up. I dont know of any tweak in the phone that can change that.

Last edited by THunDA; 03-07-2008 at 09:27 PM. Reason: edited in the link and definition
Old 03-07-2008, 10:00 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: touch pro, tp2, epic, evo x2
Carrier: D/\SH_SPEED

D/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by THunDA View Post
I thought that feature was about how fast the phone polls the tower to check for calls. The lower the number the quicker your phone starts to ring when someone calls. I could be wrong but this is what I understand from reading around.

http://www.cellinkgy.com/references.html

I think Carloscda39 wants to make his phone ring longer (or shorter) before voicemail picks up. In that case, im pretty sure that customer service can do that if you call them up. I dont know of any tweak in the phone that can change that.
true that culd be sorry misread that
Old 03-10-2008, 01:53 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: iPhone4
Carrier: AT&T

Certs is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Changing the SCI will make the phone ring faster, so you may get one more ring before it transfers.

I would say call Sprint, it might be something on their end they can do. I know I can do this straight from my SIM settings on AT&T, so it should be possible.
Old 03-10-2008, 06:30 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO Finally

timdawgdentist is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by patmannyc View Post
Changing the SCI will make the phone ring faster, so you may get one more ring before it transfers.

I would say call Sprint, it might be something on their end they can do. I know I can do this straight from my SIM settings on AT&T, so it should be possible.
Tried calling sprint about this.. no dice... and better yet had no idea why I would want it to ring more..
Old 03-11-2008, 01:01 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

Dagger969 is just getting started
Send a message via AIM to Dagger969

I hate when they try to rationalize your decisions. Doesn't matter to them why you want it, they aren't paying your bill.
Old 03-11-2008, 01:08 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC TOUCH

bulldogbateson is a n00b
Send a message via MSN to bulldogbateson

well, with bell mobility it works different, might work the same with sprint. dial *94(1-9)
the (1-9) means the number of rings it take before it gets forwarded to the message center. ex: dial *945 and it will take 5 rings before it gets forwarded

gsm doesnt work the same as cdma. the information is in his QHLR. try it, tell me if it works for sprint also
Old 03-12-2008, 06:31 PM
Older than Dirt!
Pocket PC: Galaxy S3
Carrier: sprint

Thundaar2000 is a trusted member of the communityThundaar2000 is a trusted member of the communityThundaar2000 is a trusted member of the communityThundaar2000 is a trusted member of the communityThundaar2000 is a trusted member of the communityThundaar2000 is a trusted member of the communityThundaar2000 is a trusted member of the communityThundaar2000 is a trusted member of the communityThundaar2000 is a trusted member of the communityThundaar2000 is a trusted member of the communityThundaar2000 is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

I had this problem of only hearing 2 rings sometimes before going to voicemail. I would miss calls. I changed the slot cycle to 1 and it rings on the first orsecond ring, but sometimes I would still get only 2 rings and the phone still would go to vm.
I called verizon and they said sure we can make it ring up to 1 min! I was set for 30 seconds and I could choose anything else up to 1 min... I chose 1 min and now my phone rings 7 - 8 times before going to voicemail. PERFECT!
Old 03-12-2008, 11:31 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

deep309 is just getting started

Quote:
well, with bell mobility it works different, might work the same with sprint. dial *94(1-9)
the (1-9) means the number of rings it take before it gets forwarded to the message center. ex: dial *945 and it will take 5 rings before it gets forwarded
Thank-you a thousand times for this tip. I changed my Bell Touch and Bell LG Shine to 6 rings from the 3-4 rings before.

D.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Hacks/Tweaks