PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   Windows Mobile Hacks/Tweaks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   # of rings b4 Answering machine picks up.. (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=20461)

Carloscda39 03-07-2008 07:55 PM

# of rings b4 Answering machine picks up..

Is their anyway to change the # of rings b4 the machine picks up
on HTC Touch?

Thanks in advanced!

D/\SH 03-07-2008 08:20 PM

Re: # of rings b4 Answering machine picks up..

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carloscda39 (Post 206898)
Is their anyway to change the # of rings b4 the machine picks up
on HTC Touch?

Thanks in advanced!

beeen discussed you need to get your msl from sprint than you dial ##778# and than go to edit, enter the msl and then change the SCI (slot cycle index from 2 to 1 or 0 like i use) than click save and reset upon prompt.

THunDA 03-07-2008 09:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by matt19 (Post 206911)
beeen discussed you need to get your msl from sprint than you dial ##778# and than go to edit, enter the msl and then change the SCI (slot cycle index from 2 to 1 or 0 like i use) than click save and reset upon prompt.

I thought that feature was about how fast the phone polls the tower to check for calls. The lower the number the quicker your phone starts to ring when someone calls. I could be wrong but this is what I understand from reading around.
Quote:

In CDMA what is meant by "slot cycle index"?

A 2.1 [Credit: Bill Walker]
On the CDMA Paging Channel (this is the shared channel that all phones listen to for incoming calls and other control info), time is divided into "slots". To conserve power, phones that are currently idle only "wake up" and listen for messages on the Paging Channel during their assigned slots. The slot cycle index determines how often the phone's slot comes around. If the slot cycle index is 0, the phone wakes up every 1.28 seconds. If it's one, it wakes up every 2.56 seconds. If it's two, it's every 5.12 seconds, and so on. The larger the setting, the more power is conserved, but the longer it takes to page the phone for an incoming call. You can imagine that if it were set to 10.24 seconds, few callers would hang on the line long enough for you to answer your phone.

There are two settings that govern this. One is the "preferred slot cycle index" in the phone, and can be set via service programming. The other is the "maximum slot cycle index" set in the base station and broadcast in overhead messages on the Paging Channel. The phone has to use whichever number is smaller.
http://www.cellinkgy.com/references.html

I think Carloscda39 wants to make his phone ring longer (or shorter) before voicemail picks up. In that case, im pretty sure that customer service can do that if you call them up. I dont know of any tweak in the phone that can change that.

D/\SH 03-07-2008 10:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by THunDA (Post 206950)
I thought that feature was about how fast the phone polls the tower to check for calls. The lower the number the quicker your phone starts to ring when someone calls. I could be wrong but this is what I understand from reading around.

http://www.cellinkgy.com/references.html

I think Carloscda39 wants to make his phone ring longer (or shorter) before voicemail picks up. In that case, im pretty sure that customer service can do that if you call them up. I dont know of any tweak in the phone that can change that.

true that culd be sorry misread that

Certs 03-10-2008 01:53 AM

Changing the SCI will make the phone ring faster, so you may get one more ring before it transfers.

I would say call Sprint, it might be something on their end they can do. I know I can do this straight from my SIM settings on AT&T, so it should be possible.

timdawgdentist 03-10-2008 06:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patmannyc (Post 208981)
Changing the SCI will make the phone ring faster, so you may get one more ring before it transfers.

I would say call Sprint, it might be something on their end they can do. I know I can do this straight from my SIM settings on AT&T, so it should be possible.

Tried calling sprint about this.. no dice... and better yet had no idea why I would want it to ring more..

Dagger969 03-11-2008 01:01 PM

I hate when they try to rationalize your decisions. Doesn't matter to them why you want it, they aren't paying your bill.

bulldogbateson 03-11-2008 01:08 PM

well, with bell mobility it works different, might work the same with sprint. dial *94(1-9)
the (1-9) means the number of rings it take before it gets forwarded to the message center. ex: dial *945 and it will take 5 rings before it gets forwarded

gsm doesnt work the same as cdma. the information is in his QHLR. try it, tell me if it works for sprint also :)

Thundaar2000 03-12-2008 06:31 PM

I had this problem of only hearing 2 rings sometimes before going to voicemail. I would miss calls. I changed the slot cycle to 1 and it rings on the first orsecond ring, but sometimes I would still get only 2 rings and the phone still would go to vm.
I called verizon and they said sure we can make it ring up to 1 min! I was set for 30 seconds and I could choose anything else up to 1 min... I chose 1 min and now my phone rings 7 - 8 times before going to voicemail. PERFECT!

deep309 03-12-2008 11:31 PM

Quote:

well, with bell mobility it works different, might work the same with sprint. dial *94(1-9)
the (1-9) means the number of rings it take before it gets forwarded to the message center. ex: dial *945 and it will take 5 rings before it gets forwarded
Thank-you a thousand times for this tip. I changed my Bell Touch and Bell LG Shine to 6 rings from the 3-4 rings before.

D.