PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Hacks/Tweaks

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-01-2007, 07:08 PM
Lurker

jay2dar is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
How to make WiFi access point from your Windows Mobile phone

Windows Mobile 6 devices offer Internet Sharing feature for Bluetooth and USB. It works in this way that you start Internet Sharing application inside of your Windows Mobile phone and then other devices can share the Internet connection. What if you could fool Windows Mobile phone and instead of Bluetooth use WiFi? Would it be possible? Yes, it is:

I have figured out how to use Internet Sharing over WiFi, which essentially makes my Hermes an Access Point.

Do the following:
1) Open Settings->Internet Sharing. Enable IS for Bluetooth PAN.
2) Change HKLM\Comm\ConnectionSharing\PrivateInterface to "TIACXWLN1" (it should currently be "BTPAN1").
3) Open Settings-> Connections -> Wi-Fi. Select Network Adapters tab. Click IEEE 802.11b/g Compatible Wi-Fi.
4) Enter IP address 192.168.1.1 and subnet mask 255.255.255.0. Click OK.
5) Select Wireless tab. Add New.. to add the Network name for your ad-hoc network (I prefer "adhoc"
6) Set the client computer to use the same ad-hoc network. Client will receive an IP address from the device (don't need to manually set the IP).

I got this from a different website.

Disclaimer:
Try it at your own risk, I take no responsibility for any conflict, fault, or damage caused to your phone.

Last edited by jay2dar; 10-01-2007 at 10:26 PM.
Old 10-03-2007, 03:51 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

AFAngryWarrior is keeping up the good workAFAngryWarrior is keeping up the good work
So what your saying is with this hack, I can broadcast a Wifi signal from my Mogul, and use my laptop to connect to it as if I was in say "Starbucks" but not near an actual Wifi connection?
Old 10-03-2007, 06:35 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

ebmorgan is becoming a PPCGeeks regularebmorgan is becoming a PPCGeeks regularebmorgan is becoming a PPCGeeks regularebmorgan is becoming a PPCGeeks regularebmorgan is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Slick. A wireless tether that's not the slow 115000 baud (115kb/s) bluetooth limitation.

Woot for wireless tethering at EVDO speeds!!!!

Good job!
Old 10-04-2007, 09:52 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: PPC-6800

sc00pmz6 is a n00b
This may be a stupid question but can't your cellular provider find out that your essentially using your phone as a modem and charge you for the extra upgrade??
Old 10-04-2007, 02:11 PM
OMJ
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC 10!!!!!

OMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
wow....very cool....thanks for sharing this info. It took some playin w/ on my apache to get it workin, but it works great.
Old 10-08-2007, 06:17 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

gameross is a n00b
How do you keep ICS from disconnecting? Mine is disconnecting after what appears to be a fixed amount of time even though I've actively been using the connection.
Old 10-10-2007, 01:24 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

bedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on rep
I posted this over at XDA-Developers, but thought I'd try here too.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am having the disconnect issues as well. I've tried the new dll, and that doesn't help anything as far as disconnects go. I've also tried editing various timeout settings in the registry, including the connection timeout under BTPAN1 and several others under TIACXWLN1. I tried copying the connection timeout entry from BTPAN1 over to TIACXWLN1, but that didn't help either. The mortscript is useful, but it doesn't actually prevent the disconnect, it just reconnects each time it happens. This is OK for web browsing, but it causes connection sensitive applications (like my VPN client) to fail. Anybody have any luck solving the disconnect issues? Could it be some device specific settings? I'm running a Verizon 6700 (Apache). Is anyone not having these issues, and if so what device are you using? Maybe someone who is not having the problem could take a look around in their registry settings...
Old 10-14-2007, 06:45 PM
Lurker

Alives is a n00b
On the Mogul its TNET12511
Old 10-14-2007, 09:11 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc
Carrier: sprint

weapon007 is a n00b
what you mean on mogul its tnet12511? the folder tnet12511 or you type that in in privateinterface?? plz explain the step for mogul b/c i have been trying to do it but cant evne get passed the first step for some reason. I went to program and internet sharing. I select bt and phone as a modem in network connection. I click connect and i get the message, " data call failure, error 67......" anyone else experiencing this.
Old 10-14-2007, 09:47 PM
Lurker

Alives is a n00b
yeah start a new internet connection and click disconnect and your error 67 will be fixed. that device name is for private interface on the mogul
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Hacks/Tweaks