PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Hacks/Tweaks
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-02-2008, 11:26 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: vzw6700

yahman is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Smile making it work: MMS on WM6

Because it took me a long time to get MMS going on my VZ 6700, I think noobs out there might brehaving the same trouble. The following is what worked for me. The same was true when i had wm5 installed.

1. After upgrading to wm6 using the kitchen software and the oem provided on this site i found out that there was no MMS feature in the messaging menu of the phone. After much reading I realized that it was because I did not select a the arcsoft MMS OEM when Buiding the rom with the kitchen software.
2. I then rebuilt the rom with the arcsoft MMS OEM option selected and reflashed the phone.
2. As was also true of WM5, when u first try to send/recieve a MMS message it will not work. A good way of activating MMS fully is to send a MMS message to urself. By doing so the phone will create the neccessary data connection with all the proper settings. I did find that with WM6 one additional step was required. After u send a pic to urself, the phone will create the data connection but u have to change one the connection settings. go to messaging, pics/video, hit menu, hit pics/vid configuration, then hit servers, hit verizon wireless, then change CONNECT VIA from internet to verizon wireless.

hope this helps some noobs.
Old 01-14-2008, 09:49 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo
Carrier: Sprint

MagisterMY is a n00b
Gracias for the shortcut! I'm posting all of the wisdom on word-doc to review later. Whew <wiping brow> !!! I'm up to 76 pages on my doc. I'll be a chef by this w/e
Old 01-16-2008, 03:43 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond WM6.5
Carrier: Sprint

badboyz is a n00b
is it possible to send or receive mms through wifi with verizon? i have read that altell users can but I havent found anything about verizon and wifi yet...
Old 03-16-2008, 03:30 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: vzw6700
Threadstarter

yahman is a n00b
Re: making it work: MMS on WM6

i dont think so, when sending regaular texts messages the phone will try to use the verizon data connection. Nonetheless, uif u have programs like aim or skype u can use wifi for texting
Old 03-20-2008, 11:47 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Motorola Q 9c

Enigmatic is a n00b

Hs anyone figured out how to get MMS picture mail working on Sprint with the Moto Q c9? Other than going thru the crap of emailing it.
Old 03-20-2008, 12:25 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC TP2
Carrier: Verizon

PPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboyz View Post
is it possible to send or receive mms through wifi with verizon? i have read that altell users can but I havent found anything about verizon and wifi yet...
Actually, I think you can do this ONLY if your wifi provider uses Verizon as there ISP. I think it has more to do with the IP address/Subnet not being correct than not working with wifi.....

With that being said, true MMS/SMS over Wifi does not work in the true sense of wifi (meaning; only if your IP connection is a vzw connection).

I think there was a post on another section in PPCGeeks about this. And if I recall correctly, you could ONLY get MMS/SMS if you were authenticated to a vzw server (vzw as your ip address).

NRGz Wiki/FAQ Here
NRGz 29022 Sense 2.5 CHT1.8.5 Jul 4th
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Hacks/Tweaks