PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   Windows Mobile Hacks/Tweaks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   making it work: MMS on WM6 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=15149)

yahman 01-02-2008 11:26 PM

making it work: MMS on WM6

Because it took me a long time to get MMS going on my VZ 6700, I think noobs out there might brehaving the same trouble. The following is what worked for me. The same was true when i had wm5 installed.

1. After upgrading to wm6 using the kitchen software and the oem provided on this site i found out that there was no MMS feature in the messaging menu of the phone. After much reading I realized that it was because I did not select a the arcsoft MMS OEM when Buiding the rom with the kitchen software.
2. I then rebuilt the rom with the arcsoft MMS OEM option selected and reflashed the phone.
2. As was also true of WM5, when u first try to send/recieve a MMS message it will not work. A good way of activating MMS fully is to send a MMS message to urself. By doing so the phone will create the neccessary data connection with all the proper settings. I did find that with WM6 one additional step was required. After u send a pic to urself, the phone will create the data connection but u have to change one the connection settings. go to messaging, pics/video, hit menu, hit pics/vid configuration, then hit servers, hit verizon wireless, then change CONNECT VIA from internet to verizon wireless.

hope this helps some noobs.

MagisterMY 01-14-2008 09:49 PM

Gracias for the shortcut! I'm posting all of the wisdom on word-doc to review later. Whew <wiping brow> !!! I'm up to 76 pages on my doc. I'll be a chef by this w/e :)

badboyz 01-16-2008 03:43 AM

is it possible to send or receive mms through wifi with verizon? i have read that altell users can but I havent found anything about verizon and wifi yet...

yahman 03-16-2008 03:30 AM

Re: making it work: MMS on WM6

i dont think so, when sending regaular texts messages the phone will try to use the verizon data connection. Nonetheless, uif u have programs like aim or skype u can use wifi for texting

Enigmatic 03-20-2008 11:47 AM

Hs anyone figured out how to get MMS picture mail working on Sprint with the Moto Q c9? Other than going thru the crap of emailing it.

PPCFreak 03-20-2008 12:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by badboyz (Post 162152)
is it possible to send or receive mms through wifi with verizon? i have read that altell users can but I havent found anything about verizon and wifi yet...

Actually, I think you can do this ONLY if your wifi provider uses Verizon as there ISP. I think it has more to do with the IP address/Subnet not being correct than not working with wifi.....

With that being said, true MMS/SMS over Wifi does not work in the true sense of wifi (meaning; only if your IP connection is a vzw connection).

I think there was a post on another section in PPCGeeks about this. And if I recall correctly, you could ONLY get MMS/SMS if you were authenticated to a vzw server (vzw as your ip address).