PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   Windows Mobile Hacks/Tweaks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   HTML Tweak/Hack for WM6 Email (request) (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=13782)

adma84 12-13-2007 09:21 PM

HTML Tweak/Hack for WM6 Email (request)

OK read first before you just tell me to enable HTML in the settings , also I should caveat that I have WM6 Standard (Q9C) http://www.everythingq.com/forum/ima.../new/smile.gif

Here is the deal, when I first set up my phone with my exchange server, it goes through, and sets up great.

I can read HTML emails...beautiful.

However, I have noticed, if I ever go back into activesync --> email --> settings, that HTML option becomes greyed out and I can never get it back unless I hard reset!

I have to go into those settings to add my digital certificate, so I am hoping someone knows of a hack where I can either ungrey that box OR just set HTML = 1 or something in the registry.

I found the following key:

HKEY_CU\software\microsoft\inbox\settings
ReadHTMLMail

But it is already set to 1, so I am guessing my problem lies somewhere else. Someone please help me!! Thank you in advance!

TMB_XV6700 12-13-2007 11:49 PM

adma84,
I believe the graying-out of that box is set by the server, not by your device. Are you sure you're syncing to an Exchange 2007 server? Exchange 2003 and earlier don't support html.

BTW, I couldn't find that HKCU key on my WM6 Pro device.

adma84 12-14-2007 08:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TMB_XV6700 (Post 142293)
adma84,
I believe the graying-out of that box is set by the server, not by your device. Are you sure you're syncing to an Exchange 2007 server? Exchange 2003 and earlier don't support html.

BTW, I couldn't find that HKCU key on my WM6 Pro device.

Well here is the deal. My company's exchange server is Exchange 2003 (which I do know does not support HTML emails).

However, when I first sync to the server and do my settings, it lets me choose that option before it actually makes an attempt to connect to the server. My phone then syncs with the server, and all of my emails are in HTML...they look perfect! However, in order to set up my cert, I have to go back into the settings which then changes my HTML option to greyed out (which I am sure you are right, is mandated by the server).

But the fact is, I can get HTML to work, so I am hoping there is a registry key that I can force it back to try to get HTML. Thanks for any help!

TMB_XV6700 12-14-2007 09:48 AM

So on initial sync you are actually receiving full html messages from an Exchange 2003 server(?). Sweet! Since my hosted Exchange provider has been taking its good ol' time transitioning from 2003 to 2007, I'm just as interested as you in getting this to work. It just seems to me that the solution will ultimately be server-side.

ycats 12-14-2007 10:08 AM

Activesync strips HTML email, that's what Microsoft told me. So unless they change this, we're out of luck. Although Exchange Server 2007 may be different. Mine at work is still 2003.

adma84 12-14-2007 10:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TMB_XV6700 (Post 142449)
So on initial sync you are actually receiving full html messages from an Exchange 2003 server(?). Sweet! Since my hosted Exchange provider has been taking its good ol' time transitioning from 2003 to 2007, I'm just as interested as you in getting this to work. It just seems to me that the solution will ultimately be server-side.

Not just initial sync. I get it every sync until I go to install my cert. So while intuitively I would think the server should be the one to strip things away, I definitely can get HTML emails.

ycats 12-14-2007 10:22 AM

The only email account I have sync'd with the server is Outlook...........all others I download manually (Sprint, Yahoo!, Gmail, etc.) and these others come through in HTML format.

adma84 12-14-2007 10:55 AM

Yeah...The only thing I sync is my exchange server...with push