PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Hacks/Tweaks

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-20-2007, 05:18 PM
Lurker

t-bowsh is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Adjust pswd "Lock" settings w/ AS Exchange?

Adjust pswd "Lock" settings w/ AS Exchange?
Does anyone have a hack for this? I want to continue to use password lock, but after enabling AS for Exchange (work e-mail), I am forced to use an unbearably cumbersome sec policy. It forces 8 charater numeric PIN, every 20 minutes, AND you can't use the "OK" hard button after input. I then need to carefully touch the upper right part of screen (more difficult than you might think to do this often) or use stylus.

I still want to keep pswd lock, but set at 5 minutes with 4 digit PIN. use hard button to enter.

Any help is GREATLY appreciated.

BTW - Charames at TC indicated he was able to find a Hack to do this. Unfortunately did not share it. (I am unable to post link at Trecentral) -
Topic: "WM05 Registry Hacks "; Page 9; Poster Charames
Old 04-28-2007, 09:34 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: droid
Carrier: vzw

mckenph is just getting started
I have been looking for this for a while. If you find it please share and I will do the same
Old 12-16-2007, 09:04 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch

gkswell is a n00b
sorry to bump an old thread, but anyone have a resolution for this?
Old 12-18-2007, 06:21 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

atamas is a n00b
3 solutions in one?

I think I found the solution. It seems to've worked for me. I installed this file: http://files.blog-city.com/files/J05...tay_unlock.zip

I was actually searching for a way to stop returning to the Today Screen in WM6 on PPC-6700 after the PDA turns off. For example, I wanted it to stay on TCPMP if I am listening to music on the train and I turn it back on after a while.

It seems that the return to the Today screen is a 'feature' in WM6 tied to the password.

My work's Exchange enforced the password rule which I could not remove. But as of a few minutes ago the file linked above fixed both the return to the Today screen and the password enforcement as it allowed me to uncheck the password option. I synched with my work's email and it seems to work.

The password was not needed even on a restart which is actually a third problem solved with WM6 in that if I don't put the password in quickly it freezes and I have to restart. I was at a party one time and missed it 10 times which deleted all my information and custom apps. I didn't loose any data except a couple of hours to put everything back, basically a new ROM installation. I'm using the custom kitchen configuration.

I found the link above here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/arch.../t-323473.html.

Post back your findings.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Hacks/Tweaks