PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Hacks/Tweaks

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-10-2007, 12:41 AM
N00b

Kissimey is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to Kissimey
Contact Registry

I Have installed some program name endkey on my HTC mogul? well it has taken over the shortcut softkey to contacts..is there any easy way to re-register my contacts back there without erasing any of my contacts or having to start my phone over from scratch? i tried uninstalling endkey..but tha name still remains there...so when i click on it an eror message comes up..i WANT my Contacts back...!! i even tried installing another contact manager..like Pocketcm and other ones..but thats not the problem..it wont go back to its original location..can someone HELP ME PLEASE!!!! i hate when i try out software and it leaves my phone in a mess..i Hate having to Lose everything i have Clearing my data..PLEASE DO COME up with something..I'm Begging..i even tried changing the softkey function..but it stil ain working..or Perhaps does anyone have a program where i can change the Softkey Applications from the Default...Calendar and Contacts?
Old 12-10-2007, 03:55 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: TouchPRO
Carrier: Verizon

NexVision is halfway to VIP status based on repNexVision is halfway to VIP status based on repNexVision is halfway to VIP status based on repNexVision is halfway to VIP status based on repNexVision is halfway to VIP status based on repNexVision is halfway to VIP status based on repNexVision is halfway to VIP status based on repNexVision is halfway to VIP status based on repNexVision is halfway to VIP status based on repNexVision is halfway to VIP status based on repNexVision is halfway to VIP status based on rep
If you want to change the right-hand softkey to start Contacts you would set
  • HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Today\Keys\11 3\(Default) = Contacts
  • HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Today\Keys\11 3\Open = \Windows\?AppButtons\Contacts.lnk
Old 12-10-2007, 08:30 AM
Bringer of Good Things
Pocket PC: HTC TITAN
Carrier: AT&T

GoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
If you don't wanna mess with the registry, try the attached cab file.
Attached Files
File Type: zip contacts_softkey.zip (509 Bytes, 52 views) Click for barcode!
Old 12-10-2007, 07:22 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

Kissimey is a n00b
Smile Cool

Well am not home yet..so when i get there i will try...your right i dont know where to get the registry...i saw a few..but they wont allow to edit..but thanks for providing the cab...if when i go home and it does actually work..i will praise you..and give so much thanks...caz the endkey is still there even though i have uninstall it..and dont seem to move even when i re install another contact..it wont overite the name nor nothing..so thanx..but i will try once i get home..
Old 12-11-2007, 01:31 AM
N00b
Threadstarter

Kissimey is a n00b
Unhappy So Close

Ok I was Gonna Say wow..when i saw cantacts back in de right place...but only thing is..when i clicked on it..it said..error opening shortcut or locating the target filename...i was so pissed...hold on lemme see if i reinstall a contact is it would do any better..brb
Old 12-11-2007, 01:35 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

ajk511 is keeping up the good workajk511 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to ajk511 Send a message via MSN to ajk511
did you back up you're contacts to your pc? if so just do a hard reset.
Old 12-11-2007, 02:19 AM
N00b
Threadstarter

Kissimey is a n00b
Question Kissimey

ok jus tell me where do i find the Registry in my phone...and dont jus start with tha H thing...tell me where in my device itself..or is it some other program yall use to edit registries..i found something name contactcmd but it wont open..it was in my windows folder..i dont know if it has to do with it..but the cab i thought it would work..well it did..but all it is ..is the name..its not the actual contacts..help me please before this phone sends me crazy...when i click on conacts else where it works fine i see all my contacts still..i now have no program for my right soft key..caz endkey deleted it..i am upset..very..sniff
Old 12-11-2007, 02:25 AM
N00b
Threadstarter

Kissimey is a n00b
i dont wanna do a hard reset das what i am tryint to avoid...and no i dont have them backed up..i did when i was running windows on my mac...but now windows is gone..so i cant sync my phone no more..only bluetooth...so jus please to the guy who provided the cab file..could you change it a bit..caz it actually worked..its just empty..i want it to be the program itself..not jus a shortcut..so now its there and useless..it jus says contacts..please can you redo it for me? you were the closest to solving my problem
Old 12-11-2007, 03:54 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: TouchPRO
Carrier: Verizon

NexVision is halfway to VIP status based on repNexVision is halfway to VIP status based on repNexVision is halfway to VIP status based on repNexVision is halfway to VIP status based on repNexVision is halfway to VIP status based on repNexVision is halfway to VIP status based on repNexVision is halfway to VIP status based on repNexVision is halfway to VIP status based on repNexVision is halfway to VIP status based on repNexVision is halfway to VIP status based on repNexVision is halfway to VIP status based on rep
I use Resco Registry which is commercial u an try PHM its freeware.
Old 12-12-2007, 12:01 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Hero
Carrier: sprint

purple is a n00b
Registry edit

Not haveing an easy time getting the rgedit program on to my mogul. When I drag it to my mogul and place it in programs and try to run it from the device it won't work. How is this supposed to work? I used the PHM registry editor.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Hacks/Tweaks