PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Hacks/Tweaks
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-04-2007, 03:05 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: ppc 6800 mogul
Carrier: Sprint

lj76 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to lj76 Send a message via Yahoo to lj76
text message tweak on mogul

(this bothers me)
in short i have been to this site, pdaphonehome.com and pocketpc tweaks.com. i am looking for a tweak that will make my text character amount larger or unlimited. it was some how set under the ppc 67000 to 240 or 160 (mogul is 160), when the first 6700 i got my text size was unlimited. what gives? any one know how to adjust this to near infinite?
yes i know it seem crazy but I want to know that i can text "war and peace" or the bible to someone and not have to worry about it.
like i said call me crazy but this limitation annoys me
, especially when i have to read 2 or maybe 3 text messages to get the whole text.
any way thank you for reading.
Old 12-04-2007, 10:57 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Sprint Mogul

joshmp5 is a n00b
telecommunications companies have it set to 250 usually. there isn't much you can do about it becuase it is programed to their networks
Old 12-05-2007, 06:37 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: xv6700 Helmi WM6 Rom
Carrier: Verizon

link12245 is a n00b
all service providers have seemed to limit the number of numerals per text, probably to sell more text messages. the number is set by your service provider, and i think it's universally 160. even if you unlock it, you will probably be charged double for text. srry
Old 12-07-2007, 04:09 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Evo 4G

Chef Ben is becoming a PPCGeeks regularChef Ben is becoming a PPCGeeks regularChef Ben is becoming a PPCGeeks regularChef Ben is becoming a PPCGeeks regularChef Ben is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Every T-mobile flip phone I have seen has a virtually unlimited amount of characters per text. Sprint is the only one I've seen that limits it to 160 through all their devices (PPC, smartphone, phone).
Old 12-17-2007, 10:00 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: XV6800 & Samsung Sgh-I760

lilrepo is a n00b
this is bs what you speak of im sorry but it is hard for me to sit around and read the amount of crap. i remember findind somewhere in this site a registry tweak hack whatever that allowed to change the max being sent out. somthing like maxsmscharacter or something of the sort. but i am sure that it was here. but now i cant seem to find it. sounds like a conspiracy and no one seems to wanna talk.
Old 12-18-2007, 01:03 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Diamond

ajk511 is keeping up the good workajk511 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to ajk511 Send a message via MSN to ajk511
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilrepo View Post
this is bs what you speak of im sorry but it is hard for me to sit around and read the amount of crap. i remember findind somewhere in this site a registry tweak hack whatever that allowed to change the max being sent out. somthing like maxsmscharacter or something of the sort. but i am sure that it was here. but now i cant seem to find it. sounds like a conspiracy and no one seems to wanna talk.
Yes lilrepo, it is all one big conspiracy over here at PPCGeeks.com. We are doing our hardest to make sure that no one out there gets the help they need on their PPC. But keep it quiet, it's a conspiracy........

As far as the OP's question goes, I can't think of any reg hacks that will increase your text character limit, but the majority of the alternative SMS programs, such as Codyppc's threaded sms and pocketcm 1.5, allow you as many characters as you need, but the text will still be split into two separate sms messages when they are sent. So if you go over sprints 160 characters
your recipient will still get two separate texts, and you will get charged for two texts.
Old 12-18-2007, 12:04 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Juggs is in the MOMENT

Yay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the community
just send a text only message via the mms app the character limit is 1000...

Old 12-18-2007, 02:30 PM
Lurker

lilrepo is a n00b
I am very sorry for the outburst the other day "ajk511" my intentions were not to make such retarted claims. It had been a long night for I. Thank You and all others for everything that your doing. without you we would still be carrying nothing more than a oversized phone.
Old 12-23-2007, 08:41 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC Mogul (PPC6800) > HTC Touch (PPC6900) > HTC Touch Pro (PPC6850)
Carrier: Sprint Sero (1200 Min Plan)

divxrippimp is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardivxrippimp is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardivxrippimp is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardivxrippimp is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to divxrippimp Send a message via MSN to divxrippimp Send a message via Yahoo to divxrippimp Send a message via Skype™ to divxrippimp
when i use threaded sms, it just splits the message up for me automaticly...
And sms has ALWAYS been 160 characters, hence short message system... Its set as a standard for SMS's and ALWAYS has been the standard...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Short_message_service
Old 12-23-2007, 02:16 PM
Lurker

lilrepo is a n00b
I FOUND WHAT I WAS COMMENTING ABOUT, THOU IT WORKS TO CHANGE THE AMOUNT SHOWN WHEN TEXTING FROM 160 TO ?(500) ON THE SAMSUNG I760, BUT WHEN I TRIED DOIN IT ON THE XV6800 IT DIDNT DO ANYTHING AT ALL. THE STRING FOR THIS Is.
"IS637MaxAsciiCharacters" default value is 160. the path for this is not the same for some phones. Thank you again
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Hacks/Tweaks