PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   Windows Mobile Hacks/Tweaks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   text message tweak on mogul (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=12998)

lj76 12-04-2007 03:05 AM

text message tweak on mogul

(this bothers me)
in short i have been to this site, pdaphonehome.com and pocketpc tweaks.com. i am looking for a tweak that will make my text character amount larger or unlimited. it was some how set under the ppc 67000 to 240 or 160 (mogul is 160), when the first 6700 i got my text size was unlimited. what gives? any one know how to adjust this to near infinite?
yes i know it seem crazy but I want to know that i can text "war and peace" or the bible to someone and not have to worry about it.
like i said call me crazy but this limitation annoys me
, especially when i have to read 2 or maybe 3 text messages to get the whole text.
any way thank you for reading.

joshmp5 12-04-2007 10:57 AM

telecommunications companies have it set to 250 usually. there isn't much you can do about it becuase it is programed to their networks

link12245 12-05-2007 06:37 PM

all service providers have seemed to limit the number of numerals per text, probably to sell more text messages. the number is set by your service provider, and i think it's universally 160. even if you unlock it, you will probably be charged double for text. srry

Chef Ben 12-07-2007 04:09 AM

Every T-mobile flip phone I have seen has a virtually unlimited amount of characters per text. Sprint is the only one I've seen that limits it to 160 through all their devices (PPC, smartphone, phone).

lilrepo 12-17-2007 10:00 PM

this is bs what you speak of im sorry but it is hard for me to sit around and read the amount of crap. i remember findind somewhere in this site a registry tweak hack whatever that allowed to change the max being sent out. somthing like maxsmscharacter or something of the sort. but i am sure that it was here. but now i cant seem to find it. sounds like a conspiracy and no one seems to wanna talk.

ajk511 12-18-2007 01:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lilrepo (Post 144609)
this is bs what you speak of im sorry but it is hard for me to sit around and read the amount of crap. i remember findind somewhere in this site a registry tweak hack whatever that allowed to change the max being sent out. somthing like maxsmscharacter or something of the sort. but i am sure that it was here. but now i cant seem to find it. sounds like a conspiracy and no one seems to wanna talk.

Yes lilrepo, it is all one big conspiracy over here at PPCGeeks.com. We are doing our hardest to make sure that no one out there gets the help they need on their PPC. But keep it quiet, it's a conspiracy........

As far as the OP's question goes, I can't think of any reg hacks that will increase your text character limit, but the majority of the alternative SMS programs, such as Codyppc's threaded sms and pocketcm 1.5, allow you as many characters as you need, but the text will still be split into two separate sms messages when they are sent. So if you go over sprints 160 characters
your recipient will still get two separate texts, and you will get charged for two texts.

Yay 4 Juggs 12-18-2007 12:04 PM

just send a text only message via the mms app the character limit is 1000...

lilrepo 12-18-2007 02:30 PM

I am very sorry for the outburst the other day "ajk511" my intentions were not to make such retarted claims. It had been a long night for I. Thank You and all others for everything that your doing. without you we would still be carrying nothing more than a oversized phone.

divxrippimp 12-23-2007 08:41 AM

when i use threaded sms, it just splits the message up for me automaticly...
And sms has ALWAYS been 160 characters, hence short message system... Its set as a standard for SMS's and ALWAYS has been the standard...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Short_message_service

lilrepo 12-23-2007 02:16 PM

I FOUND WHAT I WAS COMMENTING ABOUT, THOU IT WORKS TO CHANGE THE AMOUNT SHOWN WHEN TEXTING FROM 160 TO ?(500) ON THE SAMSUNG I760, BUT WHEN I TRIED DOIN IT ON THE XV6800 IT DIDNT DO ANYTHING AT ALL. THE STRING FOR THIS Is.
"IS637MaxAsciiCharacters" default value is 160. the path for this is not the same for some phones. Thank you again