PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Hacks/Tweaks

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-28-2006, 12:36 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

dcdave63 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Request: Connection Timeout Registry Value?

Does anyone know if there is a place in the registry that defines how and when a connection (EVDO/1X, etc...) can time out and disconnect, either based on inactivity or lack of signal?
Old 12-04-2006, 03:48 AM
Founder & Owner
Pocket PC: iPhone XS Max

Wideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to Wideawake
what are you looking to do exactly?
~mike

Old 12-04-2006, 04:33 AM
Moderator/WMExperts Staff
Pocket PC: Pure, TP2, Snap, Ozone, Intrepid,Treo Pro

Malatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wideawake
what are you looking to do exactly?
~mike
I think the OP means this:

Say you make an active data connection (log into Vision). After "X" time, that connection idles out (arrows go gray instead of active white).

Can we define what "X" is?

So technically there'd be two "X"s: one for Idle, one for time out (connection closes).

From my experience, I have not heard of a reg tweak for that but maybe there is.

An easy alternative way would involve using AEB+ and the "close connection" feature found in the Action list or map it to a hard key.
Old 12-04-2006, 11:52 AM
N00b
Threadstarter

dcdave63 is a n00b
I think there are a number of reasons why someone would want this.

If someone was using their phone as a modem and wanted it to disconnect after "X" number of minutes, if they didnt have the "right" data plan.

If they have a number of applications that check periodically for updates, and for some reason the EVDO connection fails and doesn't drop after "X" minutes.

If an application is acting strange, you wouldn't want it running continuously, and wanted to ensure that it didn't stay connected all the time.

I am sure there are any other number of reasons why. Just a question to see if there was a setting that could be set to always connected, stay conneced while idle or disconnect after "X" minutes.

Thanks!
Old 12-04-2006, 12:21 PM
Moderator/WMExperts Staff
Pocket PC: Pure, TP2, Snap, Ozone, Intrepid,Treo Pro

Malatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Well understand that if an application makes connections via the internet usually they are programmed to re-make connections, so closing out a data connection will not ever prevent a program from re-connecting.

I really think your best bet would be to use AE Button Plus to just manually close out the connection when you want to as I don't see this happening. It's too program specific and can be over-rided by any program.
Old 12-12-2006, 12:21 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

dcdave63 is a n00b
I dont think AE Button plus will help.

The idea is that a program will start up the EVDO connection and update itself ( every few hours ) and when it is done updating, the EVDO connection stays open. Assigning a button to manually close the connection doesnt make sense since I already have the ability to click on the EVDO icon and click "Disconnect". There have been times when I have checked and I have had an Active EVDO session for 3 or 4 hours, and I havent looked at the phone in 5 or 6 hours.

I just want to be able to define in the Registry a setting somewhere that would allow me to change a default to "If not active programs using EVDO, then Default = 5 mins" or something so that I am not connected to an active EVDO session constantly. I have to think that having a constant connection on EVDO uses more power than not being connected. Correct?
Old 03-29-2007, 01:40 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Verizon TP
Carrier: Verizon

sonnemad is just getting started
Has anything new or additional been reported on this? I have looked all over and cannot seem to find anything beyond requests for this feature.

I have a verizon 6700 and believe this was the way the phone worked with the AKU 2.x, but the AKU 3.x versions seem keep the evdo connection active until it is manually closed. So far it's the only issue I have with the AKU 3.x roms.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Hacks/Tweaks