PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   Windows Mobile Hacks/Tweaks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   [APP 01.06] I C THRU U 1.0b5 - Auto Transparent Wallpapers (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=123047)

Jumba 05-31-2010 07:24 AM

[APP 01.06] I C THRU U 1.0b5 - Auto Transparent Wallpapers

3 Attachment(s)
Hi guys, figured I'd post my small app here. ;)

I C THRU U v.1.0b5

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...u-interfwq.jpg

About ICTU

I C Thru U is a tool that automatically crops sections from your wallpaper and sets them as the backgrounds to your taskbar and softkey bars (plus the Manila2D slider and button if you want) so they appear transparent. It can also do some other tricks like removing the background from the softkey buttons. Of course this isn't real transparency but it's the next best thing.

Install to your device and run via the "I C Thru U" shortcut. Take a look at the screenshot above - it's arranged so you simply click the button for the transparency you want to apply. The top two rows use the existing wallpaper, the next row lets you choose a new wallpaper (and make it transparent), and the bottom row has some system commands like backup and restore. The buttons show which parts of the wallpaper will be made transparent, e.g. the top left button only changes the taskbar. See "Known Issues" for info on the Special Fix option.

For the resizing and conversion this script uses ImgResize.exe by Andrew Coates, and the interface uses cimg.exe by Cyclonezephyrxz7.

Have fun! To return to your previous settings either restore your backup or re-select your themes in Settings > Home as well as in M2DC.

Known Issues:

1. The piece of wallpaper for the top bar is actually a duplication of the part just below it, so it will appear like the wallpaper is repeated at the top - this is a limitation of WinMo I'm afraid (well, at least it is in 6.5.3), because the wallpaper actually only starts 18/36 pixels from the top of the screen. Hope that makes sense.
2. Sometimes the Manila slider and button don't look so good when transparent, because without the button you can see through to the icon below - this isn't always a problem but sometimes it doesn't look good. Solve this by leaving the slider and button untouched, or only make the slider transparent. Play around and see what works for you.
3. If you have an issue with your start menu going screwy (this sometimes happens after changing themes in Settings > Home) try running the Special Fix option. This basically synchronizes your Today wallpaper and startmenu wallpaper. Chances are you won't need it though.
4. Apps like TodayPage use the Manila background that is set in M2DC - you will need to set it to "\Windows\stwater_yourwidth_yourheight.png" to see the correct background in the plugin.
5. This was tested on an Omnia using WM 6.5.3 - things may work differently for other builds and resolutions. It's a beta for now so there may be some problems, so please test and give me your feedback. I take no responsibility for damage to your unit.

Notes:

If you're using M2D and want the same background in the rest of your tabs, look for the file "stwater_yourscreenwidth_yourscreenheight.png" in your Windows folder and set it as your background in M2DC. e.g. QVGA is "stwater_240_320.png"

Your images must be at least 240x400 pixels if you're using WQVGA, 240x320 for QVGA, 480x640 for VGA, 480x800 for WVGA, and be either .jpg or .png. Only portrait mode is supported for now.

Planned:

- Wallpaper scale to fit option
- Find an easy way to set the Manila wallpaper
- Maybe a way to avoid restarting after making changes

Updates:

01.06 - 1.0b5 - After many attempts, the app with gui should new be working. :P
01.06 - 1.0b4 - Hopefully this will have fixed the startup bug introduced in v1.0b3, please test.
31.05 - 1.0b3 - There was a problem with applying transparency twice in succession - that should now be fixed.
31.05 - 1.0b2 - Fixed the "include" error. Also, the app can now be installed to your memory card and you don't have to have Mortscript installed!! Thanks magawa.
31.05 - 1.0b1 - MAJOR UPDATE: The app now has a GUI of sorts.
30.05 - 0.9 and earlier - Test builds

Big thanks to magawa for assistance with the exe and Cyclonezephyrxz7 for his great little cimg.exe app! That plus Mortscript = interface. :)

Jumba 05-31-2010 07:27 AM

Re: [APP 31.05] I C THRU U 1.0b3 - Auto Transparent Wallpapers

...reserved...

Jumba 06-01-2010 03:54 AM

Re: [APP 31.05] I C THRU U 1.0b3 - Auto Transparent Wallpapers

Sorry chaps, there was an error in the last version. Should be fixed now.

This is a quiet forum.

majorassface 06-01-2010 01:05 PM

Re: [APP 01.06] I C THRU U 1.0b5 - Auto Transparent Wallpapers

Looks good, I'll try it out!!